ES rate gone from fare viewer ??

starsteveo

Just tried to check my rate on the "fare viewer" and it is not showing rates for Early Saver. What's up with that? Is this normal at some point closer to the cruise? It has been showing the rate every time I checked before. If this is normal, how do I check it now or is this the end of price drops? I thought you could check for price drops up until the cruise date. The cruise is paid for and I still have one month before final payment would have been due. This is for an October 4th cruise. The Fun Saver rate is showing cheaper than what my Early Saver rate was!

ESA does go away I think 5 months for a 7 day cruise and 3 months for a shorter one. What you need to do now, if you are booked ESA, is just watch for your price to go down based on any fare for which you qualify. For example, if there is a residence rate for your state and your category is listed at a lower price, you qualify for it and need to have the form sent in.

If the rate you are looking at is a guarantee rate, not where you pick a specific room, even if the price is lower, you don't qualify for that because a guarantee is a downgrade and ESA doesn't allow downgrades.

Good luck.

It's too late for early saver for your cruise. Since fun saver is less expensive, submit your price drop!

Once early saver, always early saver. The early saver rate does disappear 3-5 months prior to your cruise. But, this rate comes with price protection. Therefore, if you qualify for any other rates and they drop below what you paid, you fill out the early saver form and submit it. You will receive an obc for difference. And even then, you are still Early Saver.

An example would be, say you find a past guest rate (and you are a past guest) and it is cheaper than what you originally paid, you are entitled to that price drop. Still Early Saver. So if later you find another qualifying rate such as resident or senior... or even a sale, you are also eligible for those price drops if they are lower than your new rate. But you are not past guest rate, you are still early saver.

As far as Fun saver, you can submit for your price drop, but because it is a gty rate, if you have an assigned cabin, you will have to give it up and go into a guarantee pool. Meaning they will assign your cabin.

It's too late for early saver for your cruise. Since fun saver is less expensive, submit your price drop!

I booked ES months ago and have had several price drops. So you say I can no longer watch the early saver rate but now I have to watch other rates and claim a price drop if they are lower?? Not sure I understand.

Once early saver, always early saver. The early saver rate does disappear 3-5 months prior to your cruise. But, this rate comes with price protection. Therefore, if you qualify for any other rates and they drop below what you paid, you fill out the early saver form and submit it. You will receive an obc for difference. And even then, you are still Early Saver.

An example would be, say you find a past guest rate (and you are a past guest) and it is cheaper than what you originally paid, you are entitled to that price drop. Still Early Saver. So if later you find another qualifying rate such as resident or senior... or even a sale, you are also eligible for those price drops if they are lower than your new rate. But you are not past guest rate, you are still early saver.

As far as Fun saver, you can submit for your price drop, but because it is a gty rate, if you have an assigned cabin, you will have to give it up and go into a guarantee pool. Meaning they will assign your cabin.

Ohh. I think I understand now. Thanks I'll have to look closer at it.

As the post above you said.. its a gty rate.. they might or might not allow you to downgrade and give up your cabin.

What is important is that its for the same category .. which this price drop obviously is not for.

I booked ES months ago and have had several price drops. So you say I can no longer watch the early saver rate but now I have to watch other rates and claim a price drop if they are lower?? Not sure I understand.

You should figure out what category you booked .. and look for other rates which you can compare the price of the same category..

(i.e. a gty rate is not the same category)

My understanding is that if the rate is a guarantee, you can't use that to compare because you aren't booking a category of room, ie 8D, 8M. You would be booking a balcony which is not a category so that is a downgrade and not allowed. He couldn't give up his cabin if he has a cabin assignment on Early Saver. Is this not right? Below is where I got the info that I posted and I took it from the Carnival site.

What is the price protection assurance feature?

If, after booking, you find a lower Carnival advertised fare, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: i) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests; ii) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate; and iii) a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.

Note: No Downgrades are allowed.

My understanding is that if the rate is a guarantee, you can't use that to compare because you aren't booking a category of room, ie 8D, 8M. You would be booking a balcony which is not a category so that is a downgrade and not allowed. He couldn't give up his cabin if he has a cabin assignment on Early Saver. Is this not right? Below is where I got the info that I posted and I took it from the Carnival site.

What is the price protection assurance feature?

If, after booking, you find a lower Carnival advertised fare, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: i) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests; ii) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate; and iii) a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.

Note: No Downgrades are allowed.

Carnival used to say no if you sent in a price drop for a gty category.. but now I think that so many people have no clue about what category they are or that the rules say the same category, they just threw in the towel.

Often now they will allow you to give up your cabin and downgrade to the gty.

Not always .. but often.

Carnival is the rules are made to be broken cruiseline if you ask me. They make rules .. and then give up enforcing them.

What about if you are booked ES guarantee currently and you see a lower price? I have never booked "guaranteed" before so this is new to me.

There is no such thing as a gty on ES .. so thats why when someone mentions .. can we price match to pack n go, we saw a lower rate, or fun saver rate is lower .. we KNOW its not the category of the person who booked and not a match.

Ive seen gtys on senior rates, like if a 4A sells out, they might replace it with a gty, and have regular pick your cabins 4B and up .. or pack n go and fun saver are ONLY gty rates.. never the same category you had to have booked with ES.

Usually when people post things like they saw a lower rate with the above .. they also never seem to know what category they picked or know they are supposed to price match to the same category.

I think thats why Carnival threw in the towel.. so many people havent got a clue what they booked or what the rules are .. and so they just are bending the rules and now allowing you to give up your cabin.

Gtys mean.. carnival picks your cabin and you can be put anywhere on the ship.. under or over a lounge, all the way fore or aft, anywhere...

Well I have (my family and sisters family) booked in 4 cabins. They are adjoining cabins, two pair all 6C. So i am just watching 6C prices right? Fun saver, past guest, sale prices, what ever, right?:confused:

Well I have (my family and sisters family) booked in 4 cabins. They are adjoining cabins, two pair all 6C. So i am just watching 6C prices right? Fun saver, past guest, sale prices, what ever, right?:confused:

Fun saver is only guarantees, so you know you arent going to find any 6C prices with fun saver .. right?

The others like past guest may or may not be 6Cs.. you have to dig down to the actual category before you just pick the cheapest price you see and say .. I see a price drop. past guest and some others may or may not be gtys or they may be categorys you pick.

but fun saver is always only guarantees.. so will never be a 6C match. thats why people were talking about gtys above .. we know when you say fun saver its not a match to your category, because ES you have to pick a cabin... so it will never be a match.

ok so I looked at our confirmation and we are booked for the following:

Cat 4B, 6B, 8B, and 8M

The 4B, 6B, and 8B are all guaranteed bookings.

I can see the 4B and 6B on the fare viewer but I can't see the 8B or 8M listed at all. Does that mean they are sold out?

Whoops!:( Ok So fun saver is gyt means guarantee room type not room number so I can't use that rate. Right?:confused: OK so 6C past guest and sales are what I'm watching now. Well more confusion..... past guest list rates like 6A, 6B, 6C, etc and beside each one it says like 6C upgraded from 6A, 6D upgraded from 6B, 6E upgraded from 6C. So am I watching 6A because is was upgraded to 6C or watching 6E because it was 6C??:eek: Or 6C even though it upgrades to 6E?

Not exactly... when checking your booking do a mock booking on Carnival website. Select Oceanview. then look to see what is available... If a cabin with a higher category is for the same or lower price, you may be allowed to upgrade.

Fun saver is only guarantees, so you know you arent going to find any 6C prices with fun saver .. right?

The others like past guest may or may not be 6Cs.. you have to dig down to the actual category before you just pick the cheapest price you see and say .. I see a price drop. past guest and some others may or may not be gtys or they may be categorys you pick.

but fun saver is always only guarantees.. so will never be a 6C match. thats why people were talking about gtys above .. we know when you say fun saver its not a match to your category, because ES you have to pick a cabin... so it will never be a match.

Cool. Thanks. I am checking my specific category 6C. Also just looked at fun saver and it says OV???? But thats cool I know now am not looking in fun saver.

Whoops!:( Ok So fun saver is gyt means guarantee room type not room number so I can't use that rate. Right?:confused: OK so 6C past guest and sales are what I'm watching now. Well more confusion..... past guest list rates like 6A, 6B, 6C, etc and beside each one it says like 6C upgraded from 6A, 6D upgraded from 6B, 6E upgraded from 6C. So am I watching 6A because is was upgraded to 6C or watching 6E because it was 6C??:eek: Or 6C even though it upgrades to 6E?

A guarantee means carnival picks your cabin.. you have no choice and cant complain if you dont like the location.

I dont think from what you said you understand what a gty is .. it just means Carnival gets to pick the location, not you.

ES you have to pick a location.. thats why we all knew it was not your rate you were looking at.

If you are in a 6C and the 6A price includes a free upgrade to a 6C, then yes, you can price match to the 6A, and in the comments tell them its a 6A past guest rate, with a free upgrade to our category, and its $20 per person less than we paid or whatever.

I always add notes .. they dont always read them (lol), but I always am very explicit .. if they deny me.. then I go over the price drop for them, and they always agree then and give it to me.

I also put in the comments, the date and time I saw the price drop, to help them locate it .. so they can find the rate faster in history if the rate has changed by the time they are processing it.

.. but yes.. even look at rates above yours, if you might want to upgrade and a higher category matches what you paid.

Cool. Thanks. I am checking my specific category 6C. Also just looked at fun saver and it says OV???? But thats cool I know now am not looking in fun saver.

OV means its a Oceanview guarantee .. i.e. carnival picks the location of the OV.

It has no 6Cs.

OV is a category, its the lowest category of Oceanviews.. like 6C is a category, OV is a lower oceanview category.

IS is the category for inside gty etc.

BL for balcony gty.

vodka is ok .. but Im more of a tequila gal :D

I have a awesome PVP, who know EVERYTHING .. well almost. If I have a question, she always will answer it.. so thats how I learn.

lol and unlike me she is so sweet, always. she has a voice that sounds like she could be the one on the recording you get when you call the toll free number.. that sweet and patient.

she is so patient with my questions. Im always with the questions.

You would not want me.. you would want her. she is much nicer than me.

Archived