Zumba on Oasis!!!

Amy Fickert is now a certified Zumba instructor and has a class once a week. She is trying to fit in another class but as we all know a CD schedule is very busy. Soooo if you are a Zumba nut (like me) and are lucky enough to sail on the Oasis, there will be a class. The week I sailed was her second week teaching a class. Ohhh and no extra charge either...

Some people go on vacation and relax - Amy gets certified so there can be a Zumba class on her ship. That's dedication. An yes -it was her idea to do this. Kudos to her! :)

The class was on Friday morning at 9:30. It was held on the Promenade by the Cup Cake shop. It's a full hour but remember since it is on a ship and not a traditional weekly class, it will not be as fast paced as some are used to having. She also goes over the steps of each song briefly since there are no "regulars" (you know what I mean), so everyone can follow along.

I was in her week 2 class and it was a bit crowded. I heard the next week was even more crowded.

Since only a certified Zumba instructor can teach Zumba, I imagine when she is on her vacation, there will not be a class.

Very interesting. I would try this if Amy is still on Oasis Sept. 8 cruise. Anyone know? My local Zumba classes are too fast paced for me, as I am 72. If I were twenty years younger it would be a blast!

39august -

I'm not sure but I think she should still be there in September.

You might want to try Zumba Gold in your area at home. It is designed to be a slower paced version of "regular" Zumba.....

On our cruise the Zumba wasn't very good IMHO. It was at the same time as a sale on the promanade and was so crowded I got hit in the face not one, but twice. It was much slower and not as fun as normal. Lots of people joining in that really didnt know what was going on. I don't plan to go again during my November Oasis cruise. Bummer, but the gym is still there!

Zumba has been around for 10 years. It is designed to give an individual a workout but have fun at the time. It is a form of dance fitness and includes Salsa, merengue, cumbia, tango, bollywood, bachata, reggaeton, pop, axe, cha cha, bhangra...international dance formats. Every class is different and every instructor is different since each instructor selects their own playlist and routines.

Cues are usually given by hand/body movement instead of vocal cues. That is so the cues do not interfer with the enjoyment of the music.

Archived