Middle Aged Drama Queen's Eastern Med Review: Serenade, Pics, Surprises & Fun!

What a fabulous review Sherri! I hope you're having a wonderful cruise with your daughter! I love your pictures and yes even the pigeon ones:eek:

I am living vicarously and taking copious notes for September.

Thank you for sharing and helping so many on our roll call with your website!:p

I'm absolutely loving this review! It is so entertaining! We are going on the Navigator in September for an Eastern Med cruise, but your review is making me want to do this itinerary in the future.

I also wanted to share my own personal alarm story. My mother had bought one for me while I was in college, and I never had to use it. One day something jostled in my purse and it went off - WHILE I WAS DRIVING! Talk about scaring the you-know-what out of me. I'm surprised I didn't have an accident. It took me several minutes to figure out how to turn it off!

Sherri,

I am loving your review of your cruise! We did the exact same cruise on the May 29 - June 10 sailing and it is bringing back a lot of good memories!

Mary Anne

Love your review, we sailed the Serenade the past two years and will definitely book a cruise to the Med after reading your review. Your writing skills are fantastic. Can't wait to read more. Have fun on your Mother/Daughter cruise.

I can attest, they gave a loud warning in 4 languages (including English) before the bells started... Just like they gave you your tickets in Barcelona..... ;)

ha ha good one. i am STILL laughing about the tickets!!!!! i am so sad i wasn't on the cruise with your group - sounds like you all had a fantastic time! and i googled and managed to find your facebook page sherri. friend request sent! thanks so very much for this review. it is better than any book i've read! so informative and sooooooooo entertaining! i've laughed out loud at several excerpts!!!!:D:D

What a fun read, I love it! We were in Florence on the 24th too. We saw the parade and went to the medieval soccer match that afternoon, it was a complete riot!!

Looking forward to reading more about your fab cruise. :)

Thanks, everyone!

I think we're all packed and ready to go for our adventure tomorrow...

And yes...the Italian jail was tongue-in-cheek...I'm at the most famous statue in the world, and I not only set off an alarm, but I run out of the museum clutching a purse - with terror and guilt written all over my face.

I'm amazed that I was never questioned...or stopped...unbelievable! I felt FOR SURE that it was just a matter of time before I had to answer to the authorities on what just happened. :)

Sherri, great review; my wife and I did Rome in Limo tour thru Florence and Pisa. Our driver took us to a Gelato store on the outskirts of Florence; She said not to eat the Gelato in town; as it was for tourists. We had great tasting Gelato. Enjoy your trip on Freedom; we took our five grandkids back in Dec. Have a ball.

I figured out an easy solution on this trip. We dressed Hubby Mike in a bright neon-green shirt that stood out like a beacon in the confusion of all of the barbarians.

290022_3929178260797_1621369668_o.jpg

Just like “Where’s Waldo”…only in this case, “Where’s Mikey?”

ROTFLMAO ......I'm going right out and buying my family matching neon green shirts! Great idea!

PS. Love, Love, LOVING your review! Thank you!

She and her daughter are currently on another cruise. Lucky them :(

They are in St. Thomas today... Sigh.

For all you taking note and planning your Mediterranean cruises - schedule another cruise within three weeks of returning from said cruise. It helps to ease the depression. :)

My DH and I are forced to live vicariously through Sherri now.

This was the funniest thing I've read in the longest time. I could not wait till each new day events were described.

I agree - can't wait until she returns and we get to read the rest. We will be leaving in September for the Barcelona/Venice cruise so this just gets me more excited. Also reminded me to buy tickets ahead of time to some of the places! And to take the panic button out of my purse before we go!! :-)

Diane

Hello, everyone!

No, I'm not back yet. Not officially, anyway...still on the Fabulous Freedom of the Seas for just one more evening...disembarking tomorrow....

I can't wait to get back and read everyone's comments; I will try to respond! In the meantime, note that this "almost B2B" - on two different ships - with different itineraries - has given me a wealth of information and notes of comparison....

It's been extremely interesting to note the differences between the Serenade and the Freedom - with regards to food, activities and entertainment. And yes, I will definitely do a separate Freedom review, once I finish the Serenade review...which at the rate it's going, will be by Christmas. ;)

The good news is - I left the Panic Button at home, so no false alarms! And...I managed to get a photo of a rare St. Thomas pigeon (said with snark) for my son, Brad, who seems to be obsessed with all-things-pigeon. (And the Venice pigeon posted earlier cracked me up!)

See you all on Monday - I will be back to posting! :)