New Ocean View Cabins Deck 3 Infinity/Summit

LewiLewi

Just off the Summit and was in 3114. BEAUTIFUL CABIN and Quiet as a mouse. You will love this area. And these cabins are much bigger then all the other OV cabins. You won't be disapointed.

Do a search to see some of these cabins. The window is HUGE!!!

I understand that the two remaining M ships will have the new cabins added later this year. I looked at a booking site for 2014 on the Millie and the cabins were listed in the availability list. I don't think Promenade noise is any problem at all because the Promenade does not circle the ship - it ends just beyond these cabins so it would not be utilized much by serious walkers. Still looking for photos and dimensions of these new rooms which seem to be substantially larger than most other outside cabins on the deck plan.

We were in 3112 on Summit just last month. It's the first stateroom in the series and a little larger than the others because of the door entry location. You entered into the door that faces forward on the ship, so you had the extra room of the stateroom that is the width of the passageway as the other stateroom doors faced to the starboard side.

Additionally, the staterooms are very well insulated from the public areas. We were concerned that we would hear noise from the ladies public restroom next to our cabin, but never heard a flush.

As you entered the door, the bathroom was straight ahead, and there was a little storage area to your immediate left where you could store a suitcase, and it would be totally out of the way from any of the living space in the stateroom. We used the space for 2 beach chairs and a beach umbrella. Much to my surprise, there were also two golf umbrellas provided by the ship. I thought these umbrellas were for CC and above.

I wouldn't be surprised if the last stateroom in that series, 3144, is configured like 3112. Someone mentioned that the area of 3144 was near the crew entrance, but I don't think you would hear anything from outside since the stateroom doors were very heavy and thick.

BTW, the stateroom attendant and his assistant for that area were a couple of the best we've had on Celebrity. I wouldn't be surprised if they got promoted to CC or AQ. We definitely made mention on our comment card.

I would consider these staterooms to be the most desirable of all the Oceanviews.

We were in 3112 on Summit just last month. It's the first stateroom in the series and a little larger than the others because of the door entry location. You entered into the door that faces forward on the ship, so you had the extra room of the stateroom that is the width of the passageway as the other stateroom doors faced to the starboard side.

Additionally, the staterooms are very well insulated from the public areas. We were concerned that we would hear noise from the ladies public restroom next to our cabin, but never heard a flush.

As you entered the door, the bathroom was straight ahead, and there was a little storage area to your immediate left where you could store a suitcase, and it would be totally out of the way from any of the living space in the stateroom. We used the space for 2 beach chairs and a beach umbrella. Much to my surprise, there were also two golf umbrellas provided by the ship. I thought these umbrellas were for CC and above.

I wouldn't be surprised if the last stateroom in that series, 3144, is configured like 3112. Someone mentioned that the area of 3144 was near the crew entrance, but I don't think you would hear anything from outside since the stateroom doors were very heavy and thick.

BTW, the stateroom attendant and his assistant for that area were a couple of the best we've had on Celebrity. I wouldn't be surprised if they got promoted to CC or AQ. We definitely made mention on our comment card.

I would consider these staterooms to be the most desirable of all the Oceanviews.

We have 3116 next April for a Panama Canal cruise. Does it have a couch?

I have this room for a trip Nov 3 to the 10, will be my first and as i am to travel with some friends we decided to pick these new rooms and conjoining. Lets see how it goes. :)

Hi, I am on the cruise following you:) and have 3140;)

Jackie and I are just back from the Summit July 15 cruise and had connecting rooms 3120 and 3122. We loved them! There is only one door connecting, but it is very soundproof....didn't hear any sound coming from her room at all. The door opens toward the lower # and blocks the TV in that cabin when open(minor problem). There was no noise from anywhere else either.

Neither of us agrees however, that the cabins are larger than other similar OV rooms. The couch is very small....just holds a 26" suitcase. Everything along that wall is jammed in....night table, bed, night table, then couch.

It was nice having everything new too, and we LOVED the big porthole window!

These are the cabins that we will book from now on, when possible.

Sheila.

Archived