YAY... I'm now "Emerald" status

Checked out my status this morning and I'm now "Emerald"....what an achievement !!

Is there really that much difference between platinum and emerald as in balcony discounts etc...

I know you get the robes, we had 2 for 3 people on our sailing two weeks ago. one size fits all, that was a sight to see !

and of course one person always felt left out,

no gifts in the cabin except for the "bag" for my daughter, of which we have maybe about 6 now LOL....but I don't know if they have done away with the gifts now or not ?

wendy

x

Checked out my status this morning and I'm now "Emerald"....what an achievement !!

Is there really that much difference between platinum and emerald as in balcony discounts etc...

I know you get the robes, we had 2 for 3 people on our sailing two weeks ago. one size fits all, that was a sight to see !

and of course one person always felt left out,

no gifts in the cabin except for the "bag" for my daughter, of which we have maybe about 6 now LOL....but I don't know if they have done away with the gifts now or not ?

wendy

x

You will now get a welcome aboard snack with a soft drink of your choice. Check out the Profile section of Royal's website to choose your drink. Note that Royal has a message saying that C&A info won't be available until Monday. Don't know if this affects profile choices.

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$225* for sailings of 15+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

probably a daft question but here goes anyway......

we have next years west carib on freedom on hold till monday, the TA knows we are C&A members as we told her beforehand on the phone, does it make any difference telling her we are Emerald rather than Platinum or will RC already work this into the price for a balcony discount ?? never sure if we have to "ask" for it or if they do it automatically

wendy

x

we have next years west carib on freedom on hold till monday, the TA knows we are C&A members as we told her beforehand on the phone, does it make any difference telling her we are Emerald rather than Platinum or will RC already work this into the price for a balcony discount ?? never sure if we have to "ask" for it or if they do it automatically

wendy

x

Your new level will show up in the RCL system so should not be a problem. I would ask them to bring it up anyway ;)

wendy

x

Double check with your TA as I discovered our Platinium discount hadn't been applied

We made Emerald last year. We need 21 more points for Diamond. Hope to get there after March of next year.

Sadly, other than the pretty generous balcony discount, there are few other good perks for Emerald over Platinum. I wish they added one or two items from the diamond list to Emerald. Take a look at the grid located here and you will see what I mean.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefits.do

The Emerald list has only one additional item compared to the Platinum list. The Diamond list has eight extra things compared to Emerald! Seems like Diamond from Emerald is a much bigger step up in perks. Oh well. Hopefully we will get there as planned.

We made Emerald last year. We need 21 more points for Diamond. Hope to get there after March of next year.

Sadly, other than the pretty generous balcony discount, there are few other good perks for Emerald over Platinum. I wish they added one or two items from the diamond list to Emerald. Take a look at the grid located here and you will see what I mean.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefits.do

The Emerald list has only one additional item compared to the Platinum list. The Diamond list has eight extra things compared to Emerald! Seems like Diamond from Emerald is a much bigger step up in perks. Oh well. Hopefully we will get there as planned.

We thought there would be more offered to Emeralds as well, but I think they are just dangling the carrot so we sail more to get to Diamond (I still don't understand why they added the Emerald level).

But we will happily drink the free soda left in our room, knowing that we are oh so close to the next level. :-)

We will become Emerald members while we are on our TA cruise- do we have to wait until our next cruise to get the benefits or will this happen while we are sailing? Should we notify guest services on the ship?

Typically, you do not earn the points until the cruise has been completed. However, you can seek out the Loyalty Ambassador once onboard and ask the same question. They may say the same thing, or they may surprise you.

Typically, you do not earn the points until the cruise has been completed. However, you can seek out the Loyalty Ambassador once onboard and ask the same question. They may say the same thing, or they may surprise you.

thanks- one can only hope!!!

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$225* for sailings of 15+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

Can you confirm where you obtained this information?? I am Emerald, and have a 13 night T/A booked for this Nov but we certainly haven't had discounts to that extent applied!!!:eek:

Archived