Earliest flight out of Rome post cruise?

Paldibb4

We just booked the 8/1-8/13 cruise on the Liberty. Haven't booked the flight yet, but plan to in the next day or two. Most of the flights seem to be in a comparable range from about $1,030 to about $1,200 rt. Booking through Carnival is in the low end of that range and includes free transfer from FCO (Rome ) airport to the ship and the same on the return. Since just about all the flights all range from 10 - 14 hrs with one stop ( we couldn't book an F-16, darn :-) ) we found we had three questions:

(1) Does anyone have airline preferences with regard to ambience and comfort? We found our choices came down to Delta, AirFrance, KLM and Alitalia.

(2) How far is it from FCO(Rome) to the port.

(3) What are the fares for ground transport?

Anyone else out there on this booking?

BnB

We are on the July 20 (inaugural) of the Liberty. I booked so long ago.... I went with Carnival's air in the event the ship wasn't ready and if our sailing was rescheduled I wouldn't be stuck with air I couldn't use. Also at the time Carnival was offering $399 for air for 3rd & 4th, which was a great deal. My TA expects our air to be ticketed soon. I'll let you know what they give us-Tamara

i read somewhere that it takes about 1 hour to drive from fco to the port and transfers are about $50 per person (at least that is what i read). we got airfare via carnival because it was $1000 per person with transfers. when i priced out airlines on my own they were all at least 1050 some 1500. i heard this year the rates to europe are just not going to come down!

Archived