Possibly stupid question about dressing for dinner :)

twoofthem

WHY do people ask how strictly RULES are enforced.. wow.. one should always consider a rule a rule.. and obey the rules that are in place. They are there for a reason.. not so you can question whether you can disobey the rules.. wow.. never ceases to amaze me..

And why is you feel the need to be nasty? It never ceases to amaze me how some people are so high and mighty they feel the need to flame right off the bat. It was a question, posted on a board dedicated to cruising so that I can best prepare. We are new to this and I am trying to gather as much info as I can so we can make the most of our time.

Your lovely and so eloquently worded response has made me evaluate my dark side..in light of your wisdom, I will not even question the dress code and will sacrifice all flip flops..in your honor. :rolleyes:

But in all seriousness. I have made a big deal about 'dressing' up before dinner. My dd will be 13 and we have been enjoying our time planning our clothes. We both plan on wearing dresses each night (does that meet your approval??). We both have lovely black dresses for formal night, and yes, heals for me.

And why is you feel the need to be nasty? It never ceases to amaze me how some people are so high and mighty they feel the need to flame right off the bat. It was a question, posted on a board dedicated to cruising so that I can best prepare. We are new to this and I am trying to gather as much info as I can so we can make the most of our time.

Your lovely and so eloquently worded response has made me evaluate my dark side..in light of your wisdom, I will not even question the dress code and will sacrifice all flip flops..in your honor. :rolleyes:

But in all seriousness. I have made a big deal about 'dressing' up before dinner. My dd will be 13 and we have been enjoying our time planning our clothes. We both plan on wearing dresses each night (does that meet your approval??). We both have lovely black dresses for formal night, and yes, heals for me.

I think you're kind of over-reacting. I don't believe she meant it to be nasty. She has a valid point, you did basically ask whether they enforce the rules or not - in effect saying you're planning on breaking them but want to know the odds of you getting caught. Why shouldn't she express her opinion about that? That's what these forums are for. You asked a question, you have to assume that some people won't agree with you.

The bottom line is, wear what you want. There are many people who won't give a crap, and others who won't like it, but in the end, you have to live with yourself.

You can have flip flops made out of leather, or rubber, or macrame or whatever material, with sequins and beads and flashing lights. But it's like putting lipstick on a pig - a flip flop is a flip flop is a flip flop. In MY opinion, they aren't suitable footwear for a restaurant.

Whether the Fun Times tells you you can wear them or not, and regardless of how diligently they enforce whatever rules are in effect for that day, I don't like them, don't wear them myself, and don't like seeing people wearing them other than at the pool or the beach.

Again, my opinion.

I live in Florida. Flip flops and steel toed boots are all I own.

And you don't want me to wear my steel toed boots in the MDR. Clomp Clomp Clomp.

And I'm pretty sure I'm growing a couple colonies of MRSA on them, with some CDiff on the side :D

Don't stress it!

I wore flipflops to the MDR. Rubber beach flipflops too. I had brought a REALLY old pair of tennis shoes but they fell apart (Because they were years old and barely got any use, and were from Walmart) so it was either that, have my feet bleed in the torturous flats I bought for formal night, or go barefoot.

And I don't have pretty feet, so I think the rubber beach flipflops were the right answer :)

Archived