NCL Majesty hits yachts in Bermuda

smeyer418

Much ado about nothing.

The small boats were anchored where they shouldn't have been, much too close to the Town Cut waterway.

In tight quarters, like Town Cut, large ships way and wake affect other ships nearby. Just like NASCAR cars having a draft behind them at high speed, or you following a truck at normal speeds on the freeway.

The Majesty didn't run over the boats, as much as the boats were sucked towards the Majesty.

Neither the Captain of the Majesty, nor the Pilot were at fault, the only Captains at fault were those in the small boats.

I have been all over the Gazette website looking for this news story, and then came back over here to look at the date of the thread. :o :rolleyes:

In the meantime, I did find and interesting article and wonder who would be in control of the ship if this situation were to happen to a cruiseship Captain? See article:

http://www.theroyalgazette.com/siftology.royalgazette/Article/article.jsp?articleId=7d745bb30030002&sectionId=60

I have been all over the Gazette website looking for this news story, and then came back over here to look at the date of the thread. :o :rolleyes:

In the meantime, I did find and interesting article and wonder who would be in control of the ship if this situation were to happen to a cruiseship Captain? See article:

http://www.theroyalgazette.com/siftology.royalgazette/Article/article.jsp?articleId=7d745bb30030002&sectionId=60

]

This is not a big issue on a cruise ship. there are at least two fuly licensed masters aboard on every ship. Generally the Capatain and the Staff Captain at least are fuly licensed masters. There are probably more than these two as wll but they are the only ones required to be...more than an airplane where only one has to be a fully licensed captain...

Archived