LaRoman Dominican Rep. Dreams Resort

Ravensfan19

I would say both... I vaguely remember going through a security checkpoint. Make sure you take id . I think we just showed our S&S

It takes a while to get there but it's an interesting drive. Lots of development going on.

I was mainly asking if the drive [to the resort] was mostly on the highway (or streets in town, which I prefer) because the last time I was in Dominican Republic, our shuttle bus driver cut loose on the highway at something like 80mph. I think his speedometer was in kph(or maybe both), but I did the math and knew it was like 80mph. Even if my math was off, the trees were zipping by way faster than they do when I drive at home.

I was quoted $60 per person payable upon arrival for our group in September. They said to email them the names of our people ten days prior to arrival and to take a cab from the port.

So, you email the names of the people in your party in advance... But do you have to pay anything (deposit?) in advance or do you just pay everything when you get there?

We were at Dreams Resort in March, and we loved it! They did ask for one person in the group to leave ID (they return it to you when you leave). They did greet us with a glass of champagne. The cost was $60 pp and included a towel, use of facilities, extensive buffet-style lunch, and all drinks. You pay cash upon arrival at the front desk. Alexis the bartender at the swim-up bar likes interacting with the patrons. There were 2 large pools (one is the swim-up infinity pool) as well as a beach area. I saw a massage station, although we didn't use it. The grounds are well kept. Some of the overnight guests were taking Spanish lessons during the morning hours. We are keeping Dreams LaRomana in mind in case we ever want to do an AI vacation. A few hours just wasn't enough! They have a FB page in case you want to check them out. The thumbnail below is of the swim-up bar/infinity pool at Dreams.

ID?

Wouldn't feel too comfortable leaving my passport.

Would a driver's license suffice?

• 2 years later...
Can anyone tell me the best way to get cab to dreams resort and what cab fare we should expect?

55 for a one way and 90 for a round trip for a van for up to 12 passengers. We usually walk up the hill and towards the left towards the badeball fields and there is usually several taxis there.

• 2 months later...
Has anyone done any spa treatments while at the Dreams resort?? If so what are the prices (couples massage). Thanks

Yes, while we spent 2 weeks there, prices are typical for a resort and you should be able to find them by googling, or you can email their e-concierge. I don't have her contact info handy but you'll find it in the Bayahibe forum on tripadvisor.

I was mainly asking if the drive [to the resort] was mostly on the highway (or streets in town, which I prefer) because the last time I was in Dominican Republic, our shuttle bus driver cut loose on the highway at something like 80mph. I think his speedometer was in kph(or maybe both), but I did the math and knew it was like 80mph. Even if my math was off, the trees were zipping by way faster than they do when I drive at home.

Straight highway all the way and as anywhere they're trying to make time...

Edited by blue_water

Has anyone done any spa treatments while at the Dreams resort?? If so what are the prices (couples massage). Thanks

The resort is owned by the AMR Resorts. They own also Secrets, (where we usually stay), Dreams, NOW, Zoetry, and Breathless. They are all amazing and their service is impeccable!! They are pricy, but so worth it.

The Spa there is so worth it! The prices are about $180 U.S.

When you stay at the resort they give you coupons to use... I normally pay about $140

Here is Louise' s contact info, she is the e-concierge and can answer many of your questions. My wife didn't enjoy her spa experience at DLR as compared to other AMResorts we visit mainly because the staff was covert in attentive. But hopefully that's an anomaly rather than a typical experience.

drelr@dreamsresorts.com

You can also walk down the beach and enjoy a nice massage if looking for a less expensive and more natural option.

Yes, definitely kid-friendly. DLR is a family-friendly resort as are all Dreams properties. Secrets is the AMResorts adults-only chain.

We probably wouldn't return there for a land vacation because it can be a very crowded resort, but for a day visit, especially in low season, it's a nice spot. We love kids and actually enjoy family resorts even though we're kidless. But each Dreams property we've been to was overrun with kids at the swim up bar and other adult areas. That's on the parents of course, but the resorts don't enforce the rules. The beach is smallish and has some seagrass growing there but nice, and they designed the palapas very well for the beach area.

Don't know anything about topless ladies, there really is not an adults-only clothing optional section but they do get many Europeans so...

Here is Louise' s contact info, she is the e-concierge and can answer many of your questions. My wife didn't enjoy her spa experience at DLR as compared to other AMResorts we visit mainly because the staff was covert in attentive. But hopefully that's an anomaly rather than a typical experience.

drelr@dreamsresorts.com

You can also walk down the beach and enjoy a nice massage if looking for a less expensive and more natural option.

The above email address is incorrect. I looked on their website and it's

info.drelr@dreamsresorts.com

• 5 months later...
BTW, the cost has has jumped to $90 for adults. Children at $45 and you only have access from 10:30AM to 5PM.

Why would anyone go all the way to the DR on a cruise just to pay to sit on the beach or by the pool at an AI??? Especially for that price, even with drinks and lunch? :rolleyes: It's like being on the ship crammed in with everyone else. There is so much beauty all around to see during a brief visit...

The public beaches are actually very nice in nearby Bayahibe and Dominicus and not as jam packed as at Dreams. There you can meet others who are staying in the smaller hotels in town and locals and learn about the beauty of the area. Or for more than a beach day the Seavis Saona Island excursion is a great day for everyone of all ages who can step into and out of a boat.