Time changes

YvonneE

Going west clocks are put back 1 hour during the night so effectively you have 25 hour day and going east they are put forward. On our recent eastbound crossing they werer changed every night except the last night.

It just means you went to bed an hour later......or got up and an hour later!

Thanks Mickb - must make for interesting breakfasts each morning with some coming early, some late....

do you know what time breakfast is available?

How about lunches - as much as I love breakfast, I do love sleeping in too - might be rough to have to wait until lunch ....

...all these last minute thoughts:o

YvonneE,

As MickB says, going West you gain an hour - except unlike on the Eastbound you do also gain an hour on the last night (vs Eastbound lose one), and its in the middle of the trip that the Clocks don't change - on the informal night - this caught me out as I'd been told 'every night except the last one' - which is true for Eastbound sailings, but not Westbound.

Meal times depend on which Restaurant you are in - Breakfast is 8.00 - 9.30 in all three, Lunch 12.00-2.00 in Britannia but 12.30-2.00 in the Grills. In the Kings Court Breakfast starts at 06.00 and finishes at 11.30, while lunch lasts from 11.00 - 3.00......so I'm guessing you won't go hungry!

Peter

Yvonne E

We had room service breakfast all but one morning. There is so much food available on the ship you certainly won't be hungry - I promise!

Kings Court were doing Breakfast until 11.30 am on most days.

There really no hard and fast rule. It's up to the captain.

I've known one captain who always changed the clocks at 4pm, not during the night. Another changed them 2hrs. the first night, one hr. on the third night and two hours on the fifth night. I've been told that one of the earlier QE2 captains used to adjust all five hours immediately on sailing!

And if you're sailing in the spring or autumn, when the clocks change anyway, you could have to adjust six hours, or maybe only four.

Confused? You will be!

Archived