To Pub Crawl or Not to Pub Crawl That is my question??

Kris1979

Cruising of the Conquest in December and trying to figure out if we should the Pub Crawl offered as an excursion or see KW on our own and make our own little pub crawl out of our day. Ideas or thoughts???

I can't speak to the Pub Crawl excursion because we've never done it but I would just sight see on your own. We've never booked an excursion because we've never seen the need. There are plenty of bars within short walking distance in the Old Town and many other sights are intermingled with a "pub crawl."

I love Key West and I love just wandering around the Old Town area.

Have fun! :)

Cruising of the Conquest in December and trying to figure out if we should the Pub Crawl offered as an excursion or see KW on our own and make our own little pub crawl out of our day. Ideas or thoughts???

Hi,

We were on the Conquest last November and did the pub crawl thru the cruise line. There is no reason you could not do this on your own.

Shelly

Yes, you could do the pub crawl on your own but I am not sure why people equate this to wasting money. We did it in November through Carnival for $40. This included 5 drinks (1 at each bar), a tshirt, and a guide who explains what all you are walking past. We had a great time on the excursion, I think it is better to do this and meet people. You have plenty of time to walk around the close shops while you are at each bar.

There is absolutely no reason to book a cruise excursion in KW. You can book/do everything yourself and save money. KW isn't a foreign port, and it's not hard to get around, so you'd just be giving away money to the cruise line for nothing.

to some it is a foreign port :p we are looking into the pub crawl also, hey i want the t-shirt!!

We have done the Pub Crawl twice, had the same tour guide "Zam" and had a great time on both occasions. Not only is the tour a Pub Crawl but it does go into the history, Key West culture and such. As a benefit there is plenty of time afterwards to have your own Pub Crawl, see the Hemingway House or the Southernmost Point. :D

I think, if the money isn't an option, a pub crawl with peeps from your cruise would be fun. Yeah, could you do it on your own? Of course. But, having comraderie, seeing those fellow "crawlers" later on the ship, etc can be lots of fun and maybe worth the money. We check out the bars on our own but the fun of a "crawl" would be fun. Go for it!

I think, if the money isn't an option, a pub crawl with peeps from your cruise would be fun. Yeah, could you do it on your own? Of course. But, having comraderie, seeing those fellow "crawlers" later on the ship, etc can be lots of fun and maybe worth the money. We check out the bars on our own but the fun of a "crawl" would be fun. Go for it!

good point........:)

If it's your first time to KW and you like being with a bigger group of people, no reason not to give it a try. We go there on a land vacation every year and can't personally vouch for it, but here and in previous threads it's always gotten good reviews.

But if you'd rather do it on your own it isn't too hard to find a few bars..........:D:D:D

Greetings

I have never taken the Pub Crawl, but I have been at many of the bars (doing important research) when they come through. They seem to be a little rushed, it appears it is "get your drink and keep moving". This is not the normal Key West vibe. Bars in Key West are as common as boots at a country music concert, so it would be very easy for one to make their own crawl.

Good Sailing

Tom

im doing it for the t-shirt :D :D

Us too!

My dh and I are doing the pub crawl in November and one of the reasons is the t-shirt. I rarely drink so that is definitely not the reason for me or my dh, but it sounds like a lot of fun so we are looking forward to it. I'm sure they won't mind giving me half a shot of whatever.

Almost every review I've read has been excellent.

Foreign port for us as well;)

Have fun on yours!

Us too!

My dh and I are doing the pub crawl in November and one of the reasons is the t-shirt. I rarely drink so that is definitely not the reason for me or my dh, but it sounds like a lot of fun so we are looking forward to it. I'm sure they won't mind giving me half a shot of whatever.

Almost every review I've read has been excellent.

Foreign port for us as well;)

Have fun on yours!

make sure you come back and tell me how much you enjoyed it :D

I did the pub crawl last Sept. Met some great people from the ship that first day and hung out with them the rest of the cruise. I'm sailing again this Sept and have signed up for the crawl again. Hoping to have as much fun this time as i did last time

I'm ready for another t-shirt. ha ha

You should walk on up to the quieter/nicer end of Duval and have a drink at Mangoes in the 700 block or The Garden Bar at LaTeDa in the 1200 block.

Mike:)

As usual Mike you are spot on. Both of them are great places for an outdoor cocktail and a bit quieter. If you go to LaTeDa ask for Mindy and tell her Louis and Margo said hi!!

You can do your own Duval crawl! Just stop at the places that catch your fancy. We are fond of Hog's Breathe to buy a shirt, Sloppy Joe's just because it's Sloppy Joe's, Wild Bill's (great, fresh tacos) and the Half Shell Rawbar (fresh shrimp) and Turtle Krawls (Crab dip) on the Bight. Margaritaville is an overpriced zoo, but if your a Buffet fan, you have to go.

Yes, you could do the pub crawl on your own but I am not sure why people equate this to wasting money. We did it in November through Carnival for $40. This included 5 drinks (1 at each bar), a tshirt, and a guide who explains what all you are walking past. We had a great time on the excursion, I think it is better to do this and meet people. You have plenty of time to walk around the close shops while you are at each bar.

Have to agree here that the pub crawl for the price is an excellent value. Receive a drink at each bar, tee shirt and a very entertaining guide. After the crawl you still have time at the port to do your own thing. Did this excursion back in 2010 and had a great time. Am planning on doing it again in November.

Here's what the tee shirt looked like back in 2010.

aee4844f-1a56-a32f.jpg

And one I believe they gave out last year.

aee4844f-1a7d-8145.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse typographical errors.

You can do your own Duval crawl! Just stop at the places that catch your fancy. We are fond of Hog's Breathe to buy a shirt, Sloppy Joe's just because it's Sloppy Joe's, Wild Bill's (great, fresh tacos) and the Half Shell Rawbar (fresh shrimp) and Turtle Krawls (Crab dip) on the Bight. Margaritaville is an overpriced zoo, but if your a Buffet fan, you have to go.

Wheres the fun in that :p Would rather go with a group than just me and hubby... ;)

Archived