Golden Princess, Seattle - Glacier Bay Round Trip, Patters & Menus

Mercruiser

I am presently on the Golden Princess for the July 21 Seattle - Glacier Bay round trip. I will be posting Patters and menus as Internet access allows.

I have posted the Saturday July 21 Patter for Embarkation day.

See them here: http://goldenalaska.wordpress.com/

Mercruiser, we're looking forward to your posts. We sail on the Golden in September. Have a great cruise!

I am presently on the Golden Princess for the July 21 Seattle - Glacier Bay round trip. I will be posting Patters and menus as Internet access allows.

Very nice...did you bring a scanner?! On our recent cruise on the Golden, Internet access was a bit spotty. I tried to upload one picture (about 4.5mbs) and after about 20 minutes, I gave up.

Yes, I brought a scanner. I will probably not post again until Juneau when I have access to cellular data. I'm not using the ship Internet.

We are on sail away right now. It's a picture perfect day in Seattle.

We are on the ship with you! Today was a beautiful, sunny day in Seattle. We are in a window suite and love it so far, except our safe is broken and we are expecting a replacement. We are going to the welcome aboard show and then to the crown grill for dinner. We were among the first onboard and had a quiet lunch in the dining room. My Internet is free with no issues. I'll try to keep in touch during the week.

Thanks for posting. This might be the first cruise with Frank Castiglione as CD. It will be interesting to compare with earlier Patters to see if he makes any changes. Have a Great Cruise on the Golden. She was the first Princess ship we sailed on, we have a total of 28 days on her and will be on her for 14 more days in September.

I would love to know how long Frank Castiglione will be on the Golden Princess. He was our CD on Coral Princess in March 2012 Panama Canal cruise. We will be on Golden to Hawaii in October. If anyone finds out, could you please post on here??? Thanks!

I would love to know how long Frank Castiglione will be on the Golden Princess. He was our CD on Coral Princess in March 2012 Panama Canal cruise. We will be on Golden to Hawaii in October. If anyone finds out, could you please post on here??? Thanks!
I have seen some negative reports about Frank. How was your experience with him on the Coral?

We liked Frank--it was a 2 week cruise and we were never bored--there were many things to do. The activity staff was also very good on that cruise. Frank was everywhere! I hope he will be our CD in October for the Hawaii cruise!

Yes, I brought a scanner. I will probably not post again until Juneau when I have access to cellular data. I'm not using the ship Internet.

We are on sail away right now. It's a picture perfect day in Seattle.

Can't wait to hear all about this cruise, I am on the Golden on July 28th, thanks for taking the time to post!

Thanks for posting. This might be the first cruise with Frank Castiglione as CD. It will be interesting to compare with earlier Patters to see if he makes any changes. Have a Great Cruise on the Golden. She was the first Princess ship we sailed on, we have a total of 28 days on her and will be on her for 14 more days in September.

Just off the Golden this morning. (Sad face.) Frank was our CD. Ummm... he's no David Cole.

We liked Frank--it was a 2 week cruise and we were never bored--there were many things to do. The activity staff was also very good on that cruise. Frank was everywhere! I hope he will be our CD in October for the Hawaii cruise!
In my opinion, a CD does not need to have a great personality as long as they schedule a good variety of activities.

Can't wait to hear all about this cruise, I am on the Golden on July 28th, thanks for taking the time to post!

I am thankful that you are posting the patters too. I have a better idea as to what to expect. This is hubby and my very first cruise.

We are looking forward to meeting new people on this vacation as well.

Maybe I will see you there........

Like Vanilla we will also be on the 8/18 sailing. We are WS neighbors and we appreciate all of the posts and anything that will give us insight into our trip.

Can't wait for the next series of posts.

Yes please keep us posted... and thanks for taking the time for the review and posting of the patters/menus. We will be on the Golden 8/17. NRG we are in a WS also...F311.

We are in f311, I love it. They fixed the safe last night. We don't smell any smoke from the cigar bar and the hallway is very quiet but we do hear lots of creaking at night. I am trying to use as many suite perks as possible since we may never have another. Dinner at Crown Grill last night was very good. We ordered lots of food and enjoyed everything but the mussels. I have already been on the treadmill this morning and am sitting with my coffee at the IC, just coffee for me no pastries this morning!

How is the view out of the windows? Glad there isn't the cigar bar smell... hope that stays true for the rest of your cruise. Glad you liked the Crown Grill - I think that is where we will eat our first night meal also.... Enjoy the perks... I intend to also. Most of the WS are occupied with folks from our rollcall... I know they are watching your posts and are interested in anything you will share about the rooms, perks, etc....

Archived