Irie Tour Bus?

Aquarius85

Hi guys,

Has anyone done the open air tour bus with Irie Tours? They have a 2.5hr island tour for $20!! With a cooler full of bottled water, soda & beer included. A similar tour with Carnival with less stops is $59!! I contacted Irie & they responded right away & said that you don't have to make reservations or prepay. They gave us walking directions to their buses which are 3 minutes from the port & I think this is what we're going to do in Curacao! Can't wait!!

Just checked - they do have a website. Click on tours and the $20 option is at the very bottom. Looks like they use school buses. I wonder what times the tours run?? I also would love to hear from anyone that has used Irie Tours.

We were in Curacao last week and used Irie Tours. We had an awesome time! I had reserved our tour before we left, but this is not necessary as most people did not have reservations. We walked down a path ( visible from the ship) and through Rif Fort Mall, and the tour guide and bus were right outside. You cannot miss the bus. Our ship got in at 2:30 pm and they had tours leaving at 3:30 and 4:30, but confirm this with them before you leave. The bus is like a school bus but with no windows. There were 15-20 people with us on the tour. Our driver and guide was Sylvian and he was a lot of fun! He took us through the town of Willemsted, over the super high bridge, to the liquor distillery where we tasted various flavors of curacao liquor, over to the Spanish Waters, and then to Seaquarium beach. We were only supposed to have 45 minutes at the beach but our group opted to spend a full hour there. The beach was nice with free lounge chairs, a bar and restaurant, and floating mats for rent. After the beach we were dropped off right where we were picked up.

All that, plus a cooler full of cold water, coke, sprite, and Polar beer, for $20 per person. It is definitely one of the best tours I have been on. Enjoy Curaçao, it is truly a beautiful island!

We were in Curacao last week and used Irie Tours. We had an awesome time! I had reserved our tour before we left, but this is not necessary as most people did not have reservations. We walked down a path ( visible from the ship) and through Rif Fort Mall, and the tour guide and bus were right outside. You cannot miss the bus. Our ship got in at 2:30 pm and they had tours leaving at 3:30 and 4:30, but confirm this with them before you leave. The bus is like a school bus but with no windows. There were 15-20 people with us on the tour. Our driver and guide was Sylvian and he was a lot of fun! He took us through the town of Willemsted, over the super high bridge, to the liquor distillery where we tasted various flavors of curacao liquor, over to the Spanish Waters, and then to Seaquarium beach. We were only supposed to have 45 minutes at the beach but our group opted to spend a full hour there. The beach was nice with free lounge chairs, a bar and restaurant, and floating mats for rent. After the beach we were dropped off right where we were picked up.

All that, plus a cooler full of cold water, coke, sprite, and Polar beer, for $20 per person. It is definitely one of the best tours I have been on. Enjoy Curaçao, it is truly a beautiful island!

hOW LONG IS THE TOUR?

The tour was supposed to be 3 hours, but it was actually about 3.5 hours. As for the schedule of tours, it seems to depend on when ships arrive. They may do morning and afternoon tours. Their email address is available on their website irietours dot com, if you want to check with them before you go.

When we were on the tour, there was a family with two little ones, about 1 and 2 years old. The little ones really enjoyed the bus ride and probably had a great time at the beach. The family did stay on the bus at the liquor factory. But there were kids inside so that is probably up to you. The bus has no windows and no seatbelts, so you'll have to hold on tight to your little one, but I am sure he or she will be safe. I also believe that toddlers are free, but email them or ask when you get there to confirm.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone taken the Segway Tour? I'm debating on this one or the bus tour. Can anyone provide informaiton?

On my planned trip to Curacao last February, I had e-mailed Irie about the Segway tour and they told me that the guides who do the Segway tour run the bus tours on days when ships are in port, so they were not available. However, they said you could rent the Segways to tour on your own. As it turned out, that was the infamous noro cruise that had to turn back so we never got there.

We are trying again in November so I contacted them via their web page link to see if the Segway Tour situation was still the same, but never heard back from them. Perhaps the key is to e-mail, not use the link on their webpage.

I tried their website, directly through email (a few times), and through a Facebook message. An email finally did work last week and I was told that an intern was monitoring the mailbox, so I'm not sure if that's the problem.

I did mention in my last email that I would assume if I didn't receive a response they were not available and would look elsewhere for a tour that day for 15-20 people. Maybe they just needed some motivation...

Tracey

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to alleviate any fears, we did this tour in April when we were on the Westerdam. Had numerous people from our roll call participate so I contacted Irie to make sure we would all be accommodated on one bus. They could take 40 people. And there are two busses.

It was a blast and you cannot beat the price. The cooler holding the drinks was HUGE. In comparison, when we went to the beach, my husband bought a beer and he paid $5 for it. Same stuff we had on the bus and we only paid $20! It is a great deal. Tour went over the time we were supposed to have originally.

We went with them during Spring Break last year. We had a fun group and ran out of beer just as we were getting to the beach. No worries...the driver had called ahead and they were icing down more as we headed to the beach!

Archived