2 day itinerary critique needed ASAP

2greatkids

In the final stages of planning our Bermuda trip how does this sound for my family of husband and 2 children ages 10/12. Trying to make the most of our 2 days in Bermuda I also don't want to rush the 2 days we have

Day 1: Horseshoe Bay, Crystal Caves or BUEI, Swizzle Inn, Hamilton

Dinner on ship and then Dockside night

Day 2: Helmet Dive, explore Dockyard and board ship

Can anyone tell me if the order of events on Day 1 is the order to do things trying to work our way furthest to the ship and back

Also, on Day 2 is there anything of interest close to the ship to see before departure

Thanks for all your help, we are excited to be traveling to Bermuda

In my opinion...from my one-time experience in Bermuda last year - you have done your research and have a very practical, yet fun itinerary for your short time in Bermuda. I too, was there for a day and a half (5-day cruise), and the first thing to do before it gets tooo hot is to go to Horeshoe Bay Beach. I am not a "beach person", but I must admit that I wish I would have stayed longer (that's why I'm going back again next year). I'm sure folks have told you to keep walking to the left of Horeseshoe, and you'll come across beaches and even more beaches - more secluded as you go further to the left, and a very nice, relaxing walk. I then took a bus to the Crystal Caves, as you are planning to do, and enjoyed that more than I thought I would; even our teenagers liked it. By that time, we were ready for something to eat. so we found our way to the Swizzle Inn like you are planning to do, and then got the bus into Hamilton. It's funny that you are doing the same things as we are in that same order, as well. We enjoyed Hamilton and wished we could have stayed longer, but we have a friend who lives in Bermuda, and wanted to spend time with her, so she came and picked us up from Hamilton and then drove us all over Bermuda to see various sights, includng one of my favorites, Glass bottom beach. We did not pay for any excursions since we spent so much time with my friend. We all had dinner at a local restaurant (Outback), but it wasn't the same Outback as the chain here in the U.S. (very very expensive if you ask me). We did not go back to the ship, but instead ended up in the Dockyard area close to the ship where there were local festivals and dancers, crafts by locals, etc. It was a wonderful evening, and then we went to the little man-made beach (forgot the name) in the Dockyard before boarding our ship. We got back to our room on the ship about 11:30 p.m. The next day we chose to stay in the Dockyard area and shop and explorer. We did not roam around, but ate at a local restaurant, shopped and went to the small beach across the dockyard to swim and eat lunch, then boarded the ship. When we go next year, I plan to spend at least 3 hours on Horesehoe Bay Beach, as I have never felt so "at home" and relaxed as I did there.

In the final stages of planning our Bermuda trip how does this sound for my family of husband and 2 children ages 10/12. Trying to make the most of our 2 days in Bermuda I also don't want to rush the 2 days we have

Day 1: Horseshoe Bay, Crystal Caves or BUEI, Swizzle Inn, Hamilton. Dinner on ship and then Dockside night

Day 2: Helmet Dive, explore Dockyard and board ship

Can anyone tell me if the order of events on Day 1 is the order to do things trying to work our way furthest to the ship and back

Also, on Day 2 is there anything of interest close to the ship to see before departure

Thanks for all your help, we are excited to be traveling to Bermuda

I think you've done your homework well.

For Day 1 - This is how I would do it: Horseshoe Bay > new Swizzle Inn > BUEI > Hamilton. Everything on your day 1 list is on the route of #7 bus. You start at the Dockyard on an inbound route #7 bus. At each stop, you just reboard the inbound route #7 bus except at BUEI from which you could walk into Hamilton. From Hamilton, just take the ferry back to the Dockyard.

The only thing you will need to do is to keep an eye on the time since BUEI closes at 5pm.

For Day 2 - At the Dockyard, there is the Dolphin Quest, Bermuda Maritime Museum, Clocktower Mall and Snorkel Park, to name a few.

SBtS

Thank you for the words of encouragement. Trying to fit enough in.

One more question, would/does a ferry go to Horseshoe Beach and what is the commuting time of each bus/ferry from Kings Wharf

Thank you again!

One more question, would/does a ferry go to Horseshoe Beach and what is the commuting time of each bus/ferry from Kings Wharf

Thank you again!

There's no ferry to Horseshoe Bay. From Dockyard, take the #7 bus. At times there is express bus service...these buses will be marked "Special".

Travel time on the local #7 bus will be about 35-40 minutes, or about 20 minutes on the "Special" express bus.

There are no ferries to Horseshoe Bay. You get there by bus or taxi.

Approximate travel times (excludes waiting times which are not long because the #7 bus departs every 15 minutes):

Dockyard (King's Wharf) > Horseshoe Bay - 35 minutes

Horseshoe Bay > new Swizzle Inn - 10 minutes

new Swizzle Inn > BUEI - 10 minutes

BUEI - Hamilton bus terminal - 5 minutes

ferry from Hamilton > Dockyard (King's Wharf) - 20 minutes

If you walk from the BUEI into Hamilton, you'll eventually be walking along Front St where many of the shops are located and is the ferry terminal.

SBtS

There are no ferries to Horseshoe Bay. You get there by bus or taxi.

Approximate travel times (excludes waiting times which are not long because the #7 bus departs every 15 minutes):

Dockyard (King's Wharf) > Horseshoe Bay - 35 minutes

Horseshoe Bay > new Swizzle Inn - 10 minutes

new Swizzle Inn > BUEI - 10 minutes

BUEI - Hamilton bus terminal - 5 minutes

ferry from Hamilton > Dockyard (King's Wharf) - 20 minutes

If you walk from the BUEI into Hamilton, you'll eventually be walking along Front St where many of the shops are located and is the ferry terminal.

SBtS

The #7 bus running from Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay departs every 30 minutes, not every 15 minutes. However, after departing Horseshoe Bay and heading further toward Hamilton for the the New Swizzle Inn, BUEI, etc. there will be additional #7 buses that are running on the Barnes Corner to Hamilton route, which run every 15 minutes.

In case you do decide to do the caves rather than the BUEI, you might want to go to the original Swizzle Inn, which is located near the caves. I'm sorry I don't have bus information for these stops, as we didn't use the buses when we were there. Depending on how early you start out in the morning and how long you spend at Horseshoe Beach (hopefully it won't rain :confused:), you may even find that you have some time to squeeze in the BUEI also when you reach Hamilton. Have a great trip!

The #7 bus running from Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay departs every 30 minutes, not every 15 minutes. However, after departing Horseshoe Bay and heading further toward Hamilton for the the New Swizzle Inn, BUEI, etc. there will be additional #7 buses that are running on the Barnes Corner to Hamilton route, which run every 15 minutes.

I'm well aware of the fact that #7 buses depart from the Dockyard every 30 minutes, but when the OP is leaving Horseshoe Bay and the new Swizzle Inn, the route #7 bus for Hamilton <> Barnes Corner is available and it departs every 15 minutes, and that is what I was referring to.

SBtS

I'm well aware of the fact that #7 buses depart from the Dockyard every 30 minutes, but when the OP is leaving Horseshoe Bay and the new Swizzle Inn, the route #7 bus for Hamilton <> Barnes Corner is available and it departs every 15 minutes, and that is what I was referring to.

SBtS

Yes, you're aware of it and I'm aware of it, but the OP probably isn't, and might have been mislead by the way you worded your reply.

Archived