does evening dress apply to specialty restaurants?

We cruise mostly with Celebrity but are looking forward to an Allure cruise later this year, our sixth cruise on Royal Caribbean. Evening dress in X's specialty restaurants used to be the same as the MDR but awhile back the specialty restaurants changed to casual every night, regardless of the suggested attire in the MDR. Does the same apply to RCCL's specialty restaurants or does suggested attire in the MDR extend to the specialty restaurants as well. Thanks.

On Allure, you do not need to wear formal attire in specialty restaurants on formal nights. I wouldn't call what you do wear in specialty restaurants true "casual", but maybe "country club casual" or "smart casual." You can wear formal attire if you wish, but a step down from formal is probably more of what you will see.

By the way, I hope you enjoy Allure as much as we do. Allure is my absolute favorite ship.

I do believe shorts are not permitted

you are correct...:)

On non-formal nights the cruise compass states - Dinner Dress Suggestion: Casual. Please note that bare feet, short pants, caps and tank tops are not permitted in the Dining Rooms or any Specialty Restaurants.

On Allure, you do not need to wear formal attire in specialty restaurants on formal nights. I wouldn't call what you do wear in specialty restaurants true "casual", but maybe "country club casual" or "smart casual." You can wear formal attire if you wish, but a step down from formal is probably more of what you will see.

By the way, I hope you enjoy Allure as much as we do. Allure is my absolute favorite ship.

Sorry, I meant "smart casual." And yes, we do intend to enjoy Allure - though still a bit concerned about it's size and the number of pax aboard. In all honesty, we were hesitant to return to RCCL after experiencing a noticeable decline in food quality and choice in the MDR on a Freedom cruise about four years ago, thus our decision to make more use of specialty restaurants this time around. The idea of coordinating dinner and showtimes is a bit daunting (still waiting for entertainment reservations to open) but I'm sure once that's done it will be smooth sailing -pun intended!

you are correct...:)

On non-formal nights the cruise compass states - Dinner Dress Suggestion: Casual. Please note that bare feet, short pants, caps and tank tops are not permitted in the Dining Rooms or any Specialty Restaurants.

And you will see them in BOTH places. :rolleyes:

Archived