Costa All Inclusive Drinks Package

stevieboy2k

We had a great experience with the drinks package and I would definitely recommend it. We never had a problem getting served. We didn't try to have prosecco at dinner as we wanted still wine with our meal, however having ordered Pinot Grigio at dinner on the first night, they had a bottle waiting for us every night afterwards. My children loved the chocolate bar (hot chocolate and chocolate fountain included in package). The waiter in the chocolate bar would spot my mum and I, go to the bar next door and come back with two proseccos for us. That's great service in my opinion. I guess it maybe depends on the ship and how busy they are. We were on the Favolosa.

our ship was the pacificia, the service was slow, and the chocolate bar didn't offer up much info. after we ordered a small piece of chocolate and charged a large sum I asked why wasn't it part of the all inclusive and she just shook her head....so I asked if anything is part of the all inclusive and she said no....I guess we should have done our homework. as for having anything waiting for us or super good service, that didn't happen. I was ok w/ that having been warned. so anyone who had extra good service is very lucky. we had average at best.

Love Costa's all inclusive!

Never had a problem with any drink.

Room service - no - you do have to pay but you can take drinks back from the bar.

Prosecco - for sure we had Prosecco at dinner - bottles of it on the table on NeoRomantica - not sure about Magica as dinner was always such a fiasco wine was the least of our worries.

Cocktails, loads to choose from

Cant believe the price! 19.5 euro per day = mind blowing!!!

LOVE Costa's package - zero bar tabs - the best!!!

Hi everybody,

Will be on Deliziosa in May, can anyone who has been on this particular ship, share their experience with the all inclusive package? Were you able to order prosecco at the dinner table?

Thank you;)

All their ships. Enjoy.

I certainly will. By the way is it a different price if you book in advance than if you book when you get onboard. The reason I ask is that we will be going in October and of course prices might increase in the meantime.

;)

I certainly will. By the way is it a different price if you book in advance than if you book when you get onboard. The reason I ask is that we will be going in October and of course prices might increase in the meantime.

;)

price might increase. who can say? book it now and lock in the price.

• 2 weeks later...
NOT really

The DRINKS PACKAGES,prices,and drinks available are different on each nationality website

EVEN the cost of the cruise is different

It is not down to the exchange rate of the Euro, as we are talking £20-£30 PD also Italy is off course in EU as is Germany so why the difference

The cheapest cruise and drinks package is for Italians on the Italian website

Second GERMANY France and Spain

Third the UK

Fourth the USA

The Italians and Germans have a higher class again of drinks package

ie:- CHEAPER AND THEY CAN ATTACK THE CABIN FRIDGE, we can not

Jack

Jack or anyone else, would you have the link for the Italian website? Would we be allowed ( Canada ) to book a cruise on their Italian web? Much appreciation for this information.:)

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Just come back off a cruise on Costa Deliziosa and boy have they cut back on what you can have on the all-inclusive package. Last time ( on a J2) we could have bottled beer, most of the cocktails, the chocolate bar, all the speciality coffees and freshly squeezed juice, and wine and water. This cruise was draught beer only, no fresh juice, only some of the coffees, a more limited choice of cocktails, and no chocolate bar. We ordered a glass of wine at dinner, and where the waiter used to leave the bottle, on this cruise it was taken away and we often could not get served again because the waiters were so busy. It was nice to be able to pick-up a couple of bottles of water when going ashore though.

It was still good value for money just a little stark in comparison to the J2.

Just come back off a cruise on Costa Deliziosa and boy have they cut back on what you can have on the all-inclusive package. Last time ( on a J2) we could have bottled beer, most of the cocktails, the chocolate bar, all the speciality coffees and freshly squeezed juice, and wine and water. This cruise was draught beer only, no fresh juice, only some of the coffees, a more limited choice of cocktails, and no chocolate bar. We ordered a glass of wine at dinner, and where the waiter used to leave the bottle, on this cruise it was taken away and we often could not get served again because the waiters were so busy. It was nice to be able to pick-up a couple of bottles of water when going ashore though.

It was still good value for money just a little stark in comparison to the J2.

That doesn't sound good. Wonder if it will the same on all ships? Let's hope others report back.

• 4 weeks later...
Will be sailing on the Deliziosa in October- thank you SO much for putting the pdf file in your post! Happy sailing!

sailng on meditrranea in July thanks for PDF, sounds great!

• 2 months later...
Whats the Ultra AI?

Philip

I guess I will answer my own question. I contacted Costa regarding possible options for Deliziosa in November 2013, and received the following answer.

All Inclusive Young (AI) Package (€ 11.00 per day, per kid)

- Includes coverage for the 15% service charge

- All days, 24 hours a day

- Selection of soft drinks by the glass.

Extra All Inclusive (AI) Package (€ 19.50 per day, per person)

- All drinks available, excluding premium brands (red star items).

VIP All Inclusive (AI) Package (€ 40.00 per day, per person)

- All drinks available, including premium brands (red star items)

- Includes full access, use and coverage of the cabin mini bar.

The All Inclusive packages must be applied to all passengers traveling together with the same booking file number and must be applied to all passengers who choose to dine together.

Hope this helps, someone make a decision. My own conclusion is, that the VIP package, and the double up in price, is interresting, if you dont want to be limitted by the restrictions of the Extra package and the coverage of the mini bar. I guess it's a question of convinence, or if you have some extra requirements in terms of brands.

I like the availability of the VIP package, but the price makes it alot less interresting in terms of savings and value compared to the Extra package.

To complete the full service availability offering, it would have been nice, if Costa added a package in the middle of the two, with a higher charge then the Extra package, where you could choose a red star item, with a 50% discount per buy.

Philip

I guess I will answer my own question. I contacted Costa regarding possible options for Deliziosa in November 2013, and received the following answer.

All Inclusive Young (AI) Package (€ 11.00 per day, per kid)

- Selection of soft drinks by the glass.

Extra All Inclusive (AI) Package (€ 19.50 per day, per person)

- All drinks available, excluding premium brands (red star items).

VIP All Inclusive (AI) Package (€ 40.00 per day, per person)

- All drinks available, including premium brands (red star items)

- Includes full access, use and coverage of the cabin mini bar.

The All Inclusive packages must be applied to all passengers traveling together with the same booking file number and must be applied to all passengers who choose to dine together.

Hope this helps, someone make a decision. My own conclusion is, that the VIP package, and the double up in price, is interresting, if you dont want to be limitted by the restrictions of the Extra package and the coverage of the mini bar. I guess it's a question of convinence, or if you have some extra requirements in terms of brands.

I like the availability of the VIP package, but the price makes it alot less interresting in terms of savings and value compared to the Extra package.

To complete the full service availability offering, it would have been nice, if Costa added a package in the middle of the two, with a higher charge then the Extra package, where you could choose a red star item, with a 50% discount per buy.

Philip

Thank you for sharing this - very interesting to know!

I agree with you on the VIP package pricing - Double the price of Extra package makes it less appealing to me. For 7 night cruise, it will be an extra €140 per person and I'm not sure if I ever feel the need to drink that much of red star items (and a minibar):rolleyes:

I was very happy with what extra package offered and its great value on our recent cruise with Costa!

But I suppose for someone who likes the particular premium branded drinks, it probably would be worth paying extra...

Edited by dogandchief

When did the VIP package kick in? Is it available now? Does it include all drinks from the mini bar? Going this week - need to get the calculator out :rolleyes:

Can we upgrade from the Extra to the VIP on board???

Yes, it includes the whole mini bar. I am not sure if you can get the upgrade on board.

It is available now. I just purchased it for our cruise in November on the Deliziosa ship. We are mostly doing it for convenience.

Philip

Is there anything online about it?

I couldnt find anything? Prob we will just stick with the extra as I doubt our friends will want it and we are all dining together. If we ALL need to do the VIP - then we wont bother..

Any link to it available??

Hey Blondie - have a good trip Round Table seems to have gone flat - bon voyage

Is there anything online about it?

I couldnt find anything? Prob we will just stick with the extra as I doubt our friends will want it and we are all dining together. If we ALL need to do the VIP - then we wont bother..

Any link to it available??

Hi Blondie

Two things. No, it is not available online - you have to call your travel agent or Costa directly.

Second, if you have to think twice about it, its probably not for you. My advice is that you stick to what you have ordered and forget that this is available. You don't always have to get the largest package - especially if you are on a budget.

Have a nice voyage!

Philip

Blackforest is correct CTW - there is apparently a changeover period on the website, but the new cabin structure for 2013 has premium and classic. I originally had a classic balcony booked but was told I could not even REQUEST a table for two, or choice of dining times - to do so, come 2013, one will have to book a premium cabin. (ie classic wont even be able to choose early or late dining). Room service - classic will pay as per current (changed in 2012) and premium will receive free 24 hour room service and breakfast.

I changed my booking for 2013 to a premium balcony - wasnt too happy about it - but dont like the idea of waiting to board to find our dining arrangements.

surely this cant be correct, yiou cant request a table for two/dining times unless you are in a premium balcony cabin. If this is the case I will be canceling my booking and i would imagine others would do the same:(

surely this cant be correct, yiou cant request a table for two/dining times unless you are in a premium balcony cabin. If this is the case I will be canceling my booking and i would imagine others would do the same:(

it's correct. it has been over a year now since blondie's and my original post. i wouldn't worry about it, though. speak to the dining room manager as soon as possible after you board with your request. i have always found them to be accomodating.