Which Stingray excursion do I choose in Grand Cayman?

this past February we booked a private jet ski excursion that also took us to stringray island, gosh what a blast! check out the port of call threads for this port lots and lots of info there , Fat Fish Adventures, they were great!!!

Chip at Stingray Sailing dot com!

I took a video and posted to youtube last year. Awesome catamaran and not cramped at all. He was there waiting for us when we got off the ship. It was funny as we got off and the two of us were frantically looking around. A guy came up and asked who we were looking for and I said "Chip from Stingray Sailing". HE was Chip from Stingray. Anyway, fantastic service and if I end up in GC again, I would book him again immediately! It was nice to be on a catamaran because you could lay out on the hammock area at the front or hang under the covered area for shade if you chose. He limits the amount so it's not too crowded.

Sorry about the dark circle area in the video - I didn't realize the waterproof case had shifted.

My family and I used Moby Dick tours. There were many to choose from but they had many great reviews and there ship size was fairly small with more crew per passenger than most. Anyway we had a great time and they individually got everyone who wanted to hold a big stingray. it was awesome they really knew the area and shared information with us. They also seemed to get to the rays before the other ships and leave after. Plus the price was good.

I know everyone so far has listed independent operators. Before going there in April, we booked it through Carnival. By the time we did, all that was left was the early morning trip. It was GREAT! Ours was the first boat at the sandbar, so we had no crowd! That changed by the time we left, but it was perfect when we arrived.

Going so early also put us back at the port early, so we shopped and got back on board early. What a fun day!

We went on the Allura catamaran to swim with the Sting Rays. It was a carnival excursion and we thought it was great. There was a photographer on board who took photos of us in the water kissing the rays. It was awesome!!! We would do it again.:)

I vote for Captain Marvin's - their office is just a quick walk from the ship - and they get back in plenty of time to walk around Georgetown. But, I've heard the others are good too - I've just never been on them.

don't overthink it and wait til you get to port. especially if you are the only ship in port. both time we have been to Cayman we did the Stingray and Snorkel and found a great deal in the port $25pp we walked past the 1st set of excursion people who were charging $40pp and found the others closer to the road area. that being said not sure u would get same deal with multiple ships in port. that also included transportation back and forth.

I second Nativeway, specifically the Ray, Reef and RumPoint tour which includes lunch. We did this one last year and had a blast. RumPoint Beach was beautiful and we only had about a total of 10 on our tour! :)

I agree with you- Nativeway's Ray, Reef, and Rum Point excursion was better than excellent. I highly recommend them.

Captain Marvin's was fantastic. I would definitely use them again.

Agreed!

Capt Marvins was great! Whatever you do, don't book Carnivals Stingray and turtle farm tour that's together, while it was fun they hold one Stingray while the guy takes pics of every family one by one and then they feed them so you only get about 10 mins of time with stingrays playing around you, otherwise they're at the other boats getting fed.

Will say my kids did enjoy the turtle farm as well though so next trip we're doing that on it's own.

Another vote for Chip. One of the most amazing excursions we've ever experienced.

Chip at Stingray Sailing dot com!

I took a video and posted to youtube last year. Awesome catamaran and not cramped at all. He was there waiting for us when we got off the ship. It was funny as we got off and the two of us were frantically looking around. A guy came up and asked who we were looking for and I said "Chip from Stingray Sailing". HE was Chip from Stingray. Anyway, fantastic service and if I end up in GC again, I would book him again immediately! It was nice to be on a catamaran because you could lay out on the hammock area at the front or hang under the covered area for shade if you chose. He limits the amount so it's not too crowded.

Sorry about the dark circle area in the video - I didn't realize the waterproof case had shifted.

Another vote for Nativeway Watersports - Rays, Reef and Rumpoint - excellent excursion - and Rumpoint beach is just gorgeous - and definitely not as crowded as the other beaches on GC! (for more info and pics - check out my Valor review - see link below near signature!)

Just booked the Carnival Glory and want to know which Stingray excursion is the best.

Moby Dick. Without question, the best excursion I've been on. I've been out with them twice and each time it was a superior experience.

They don't sell pictures. You hand them your camera and they take the picture for you, no extra charge. There's plenty of food to feed the stingrays, and everyone has plenty of time to play. The snorkeling is great, and you walk away feeling like they really care for the reefs & creatures that live there.

Stingray Sailing , no question. We had a groupnof 18 in April and we all voted it the best vacation day of the trip hands down. Theyonly take 27 people max and pulled into an area away from the masses for our own time with the stingrays.:)

Archived