Star Princess - Refurbishing in the spring?

gemde

I'm looking at the Star to Alaska in July of 2013. Deck plans change in May of 2013. Is refurbishing or drydock occurring?

Also, how is the Shooter's Cigar bar? I enjoy a cigar or 2 during the cruise, but not in a super-smokey room.

Shooters is a very nice room, probably one of the best themed rooms on board, it gets smoky at night sometimes however so i guess you have to pick your battles.
We were on the Star for 23 days two years ago. The doors are usually left open. You need to walk past there to get to the lower level entrance to the Princess Theater. Judging from the strong smell of smoke in the hallway it must have been quite strong inside. With no smoking in cabins or on balconies, there may be even more cigarette smokers there now in addition to cigar and pipe smokers,

I was on the Star for 14 days in Jan. 2012 -- soon after the drydock. She was in great shape and all looked to be clean and ship shape.

The smoking room on 5 smelled smoky to me as I passed by to go to the theater. Might not be so bad if you were contributing to smoke but I have not smoked for 20 years and it seemed strong (cigarette). I also felt that it was pretty dark. I only walked in briefly so don't take my word for it --if you enjoy smoking then probably you will enjoy having at least one place to do so. (We did see some dining room folk in uniform smoking far forward promenade deck -- not sure if allowed. They do have cameras there because they asked us to leave to "lock the deck" at dusk and stated that they saw us on camera. Might be worth a sneak :rolleyes:

Archived