The Breeze

lolmerry

Hi all c/c,sailing on the Breeze in sept,This sailing is only showing one suite left,,,does that mean the ship is full? and every cabin is booked?Im in a balcony and thought i could get a upgrade or upsell to a suite,(wishfull thinking) but if the ship is full i suppose there wont be any movement,as any one else experienced this?that there doesnt

seem to have any cabins left to book,,,Its a big ship was hoping it wouldnt be full to the max,,,any thought please...

I'm on the Aug 26 sailing of the Breeze. Our cruise was showing lots of availability until about 2 weeks back. Then all of a sudden, availability dropped dramatically (every day, the number of cabins available in each type fell) and as of Thursday, its showing as completely sold out. It seems like it was a combination of last minute bookings and also Carnival assigning cabins to those who had booked guarantees (I suspect more of the latter). I'm on a closed Facebook roll call for our cruise and a bunch of people on there who were in balconies came on to say they had been contacted by Carnival regarding upsells to suites and took the offers. As a result, from having 15+ suites available, all the suites sold out in a week. I think they have been doing a good job of upselling people to more expensive cabins and selling the cheaper remaining cabins. All the 3 Aug sailings are sold out and I guess its just a matter of time before the Sep sailings sell out too.

I don't think you will be able to get an upgrade as they seem to have been able to easily get people to upsell to higher cabin grades. My suggestion is, if you want a suite and its within your price range, call and ask them how much it would be to upsell to the suite. You can sometimes negotiate with them and upgrade at a discount. But it does seem like all the Breeze sailings this year in the Med are selling out - I believe all the sailings so far have been at full capacity.

My suggestion is, if you want a suite and its within your price range, call and ask them how much it would be to upsell to the suite. You can sometimes negotiate with them and upgrade at a discount.

Several of us managed to get the phone numbers to someone in the upsell dept and I can tell you this is a complete waste of time to call them .. until the upsells actually open (and you would know because people on your roll call would post they got a call from upsell .. at least one person would post this usually) .. but calling before any upsells are open for your cruise is a wasted effort.

If they are open .. they will contact you with the upsell offer, you cant contact them and get it.

Negotiating rarely seems to work .. at least lately. But you are right.. if they call you can offer less and if no one on the phone list takes it at full price they might call you back

Archived