Waitlisted?

bones774

Did you just make a new booking, or were you "bumped" from an existing booking?

I'm waitlisted or what used to be called standby. So, i'm not really booked.

PS-Just saw your tagline, i sailed the original QM and QE, transatlantic many years ago.

I think your chances may be small because of demand. She is nearing the end of her Bermuda run, so lots of people want to do this while they can.

Somebody did get waitlisted about a month ago, but I don't know if the poster ever came back to say if they were able to get on.

I think your chances may be small because of demand. She is nearing the end of her Bermuda run, so lots of people want to do this while they can.

Somebody did get waitlisted about a month ago, but I don't know if the poster ever came back to say if they were able to get on.

One thing the agent told me was that with a home city of "JFK" (thats what they use) i would be preferred to someone from say Philly. I'm gonna search for that other thread meantime.

One thing the agent told me was that with a home city of "JFK" (thats what they use) i would be preferred to someone from say Philly. I'm gonna search for that other thread meantime.

I wouldn't even attempt to go standby if I had to fly to the port. I hope you get moved up the list!

I wouldn't even attempt to go standby if I had to fly to the port. I hope you get moved up the list!

Thanks, It's not neccessarily that you use plane connections, someone from Philly could drive but with JFK home city i'm closer than them. I did notice on one of the online agencies that this sailing was sold out earlier an then reopened, so maybe they are right on the cusp of capacity.

We are on this sailing and it was listed as sold out 2 weeks ago on another web site. We booked 6-25-12, and had debated if we should wait it out and see if the price dropped before committing. I'm glad we didn't wait. We wanted to go to Bermuda again since this is the last year on HAL. :( Carnival is already dropping Bermuda, so I think it leaves Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and NCL.

We did receive a call offering us a free upgrade if we took the 8-19 sailing instead of the 8-12; but we had to decline as we have plans that can't be changed for that week.

Hopefully you will be able to go with us. :)

We are on this sailing and it was listed as sold out 2 weeks ago on another web site. We booked 6-25-12, and had debated if we should wait it out and see if the price dropped before committing. I'm glad we didn't wait. We wanted to go to Bermuda again since this is the last year on HAL. :( Carnival is already dropping Bermuda, so I think it leaves Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and NCL.

We did receive a call offering us a free upgrade if we took the 8-19 sailing instead of the 8-12; but we had to decline as we have plans that can't be changed for that week.

Got kids?

Sounds like the ship is over booked. I would say the OP is probably not going to get on this cruise.

Just got waitlisted for Veendam 8/12/12 out of NY. Anybody have experience with HAL in this regard? Was told ship is oversold, read further down people were being offered other perks to change dates?

I always choose 'Open Dining' & never have to be concerned about being "waitlisted"! ;)

I always choose 'Open Dining' & never have to be concerned about being "waitlisted"! ;)

Perhaps if you had read the thread, you would have seen that the OP is talking about being waitlisted for the cruise and not dining... :rolleyes:

Did you just make a new booking, or were you "bumped" from an existing booking?

Is that even possible?? :eek:

We booked a "guarantee" on the August 19th sailing (the week after the one the op is waitlisted for), and don't have our cabin assignment yet. Do I have to worry that I'll even get one??

Is that even possible?? :eek:

We booked a "guarantee" on the August 19th sailing (the week after the one the op is waitlisted for)' date=' and don't have our cabin assignment yet. Do I have to worry that I'll even get one??[/size']

Don't worry. No one gets bumped involuntarily. If they're short of cabins they'll start making calls with better and better offers to change cruises until they get enough takers. If you get the call you're under no obligation to take the offer.

I think it's good to decide in advance what it would take for you to make a switch, because you've got virtually no time to think it over if you get the call. If you don't take it they'll go on to somebody else. SOMEtimes ... rarely ... if you say no, they'll call back later with a better offer.

Don't worry. No one gets bumped involuntarily. If they're short of cabins they'll start making calls with better and better offers to change cruises until they get enough takers. If you get the call you're under no obligation to take the offer.

I think it's good to decide in advance what it would take for you to make a switch, because you've got virtually no time to think it over if you get the call. If you don't take it they'll go on to somebody else. SOMEtimes ... rarely ... if you say no, they'll call back later with a better offer.

Whew - thanks! This is our first HAL cruise, and only our second cruise ever booking a "guarantee" category, so I'm a little nervous.

And that's good advice about being prepared ahead of the phone call. In our case, its easy - the answer is NO. We are absolutely blocked into the week we have booked. And if I am reading the website correctly, the only cabins left are those without balconies, which again we would not want. So our phone call, should we get one, will be short and sweet! :D

Whew - thanks! This is our first HAL cruise' date=' and only our second cruise ever booking a "guarantee" category, so I'm a little nervous.[/size']
Relax! We've done 8 guarantees (and 6 chosen cabins) and have gotten an upgrade on all 8 gtys. Only once was I somewhat unhappy with the assigned location, but DW thought it was just fine.

Our best upgrade was on the Nieuw A. We paid for an H and sailed in a V ... 16 steps up the ladder! :D

Relax! We've done 8 guarantees (and 6 chosen cabins) and have gotten an upgrade on all 8 gtys. Only once was I somewhat unhappy with the assigned location, but DW thought it was just fine.

Our best upgrade was on the Nieuw A. We paid for an H and sailed in a V ... 16 steps up the ladder! :D

Yeah, I know. Just a little bit of OCD as I prepare for this cruise...:rolleyes:

We booked a "BC" guarantee, so anything, including that category, will be perfectly fine for us. :)

Archived