Pillows?

Frogso

Does anyone know what kind of pillows HAL ships have, particularly the Statendam? I use a feather pillow and carry one with me if my destination doesn't have them. Since I'm going on a 15 day cruise, I'd love the room in my suitcase for clothes and not a pillow.

Thanks for the info.

I bring my own pillow with me. I strap it on my carry on. They don't count it as a personal item when flying. I've had people comment while waiting to embark "what a good idea".

In 1991, on our first cruise which was on the Westerdam, we purchased some HAL T-shirts, white with the ship-within-a-ship logo in royal blue on the front. They got thin and unwearable so I sewed the sleeve hems and neck shut and turned the hem at the bottom up to make a casing. I put a drawstring in the casing. When we go on cruises now, we put our pillows in these knit cases and carry them onto the plane with us. (It keeps them clean!) When we travel for other reasons, we use the 'cases' as dirty clothes bags.

Robin

Here's a suggestion for HAL...

A "pillow menu" -- since the beds are made up with twice as many pillows as are needed why not use pillows of different height so that pax can choose the ones that they find most comfortable for sleeping on.

Archived