San Pedro or Long Beach for port stop - Grand Princess Coastal

MilliesMom

On October 22 we were docked at the pier in Long Beach as most if not all of the Coastals out of SFO.

Here is our map into Long Beach on October 22:

10582050155_ea1918696d_z.jpg

IMG_2439 by MauiLvrs, on Flickr

... and then tied up at the pier in Long Beach:

10582105396_5989fe2a85_z.jpg

IMG_2449 by MauiLvrs, on Flickr

And then releasing the lines as we depart Long Beach:

10582118784_9d3f34834a_z.jpg

IMG_2484 by MauiLvrs, on Flickr

Looks a lot like the Queen Mary:

10695475995_4f6ba87fd4_z.jpg

IMG_1118 by MauiLvrs, on Flickr

If we weren't docked in Long Beach ... would be nice to know where we were:confused:

So, for the coastal CA that departs SF on April 6, will the port call be San Pedro or Long Beach? According to,the Princess web site it is Long Beach.

Unless things change ... would expect you to dock in Long Beach...

Edited by MauiLvrs

I just looked at both the San Pedro and Long Beach port calendars and neither shows the Grand calling on April 9th, the day we are scheduled to be in the LA area. Sure hope we find a berth somewhere :) The Princess web site still says Long Beach when you view the itinerary. Not a big deal for us as we live in CA and have been to the area many times.

Edited by rpcv77

• 1 month later...

We are on the March 15-22, 2014, Grand Princess CA Coastal cruise. Our itinerary said "Long Beach" and Long Beach is where we docked this morning. BTW the immigration inspection was so long that pax could not start leaving the ship until 8:30 am; scheduled arrival time was 7 am. Princess gave each of us a drink voucher as compensation even though the delay was CBP's fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by cboyle

I think everyone is saying the same thing but a bit differently, typically a California Coastal that originates in San Pedro does not go around the corner and visit Long Beach.

LOL. My friends already think I'm nuts cruising to Santa Barbara from LA. (These are my non-cruising friends.) I can imagine how they would react if I told them I was taking a cruise to Long Beach!

Grand was docked in Long Beach yesterday at the Carnival dome for its coastal cruise...lots of people on the Queen Mary when we were there to see the Princess Di exhibit.

There is another post on this board re customs mid cruise, close to the top on page 1...you might want to read that one too...

Enjoy....

We are on the March 15-22, 2014, Grand Princess CA Coastal cruise. Our itinerary said "Long Beach" and Long Beach is where we docked this morning. BTW the immigration inspection was so long that pax could not start leaving the ship until 8:30 am; scheduled arrival time was 7 am. Princess gave each of us a drink voucher as compensation even though the delay was CBP's fault.

To clarify, the cruise we are on is round-trip from San Francisco.