New menu

Clamett

Maybe I took it wrong but I understood the food menu is the same but were trying different menu presentations, ie, what the menu is in. singular, two fold or triple fold.

Perhaps I misunderstood but after reading all the postings by folks on all the threads about new menus and the fact that they brought in special staff and chefs and that the MDR staff was aphrenshive .... it sounded like some big food changes beside the presentation of the paper menus.. :rolleyes:

If someone could suggest an easy way for me to post the 43 pictures of the menus and food pictures, I would be much appreciative. Then you could see more details about each item.

You can upload multiple images easily to http://imageshack.us/ (just hold CTRL or SHIFT to select multiple images in the "Open" dialogue box). Once your images are uploaded, click on the thumbnails of all the images you want to appear here, which will cause an orange border to appear around each one. Once that is done, click on the "Get code for Forums" link on the right, and copy and paste the code from the first text box into a post here. Your images should all show up.

Perhaps I misunderstood but after reading all the postings by folks on all the threads about new menus and the fact that they brought in special staff and chefs and that the MDR staff was aphrenshive .... it sounded like some big food changes beside the presentation of the paper menus.. :rolleyes:

The food was new. The three dining rooms had the same new food, but different paper menu styles.

Thanks for posting the menus.

From what I see there are a few items each day that I would order.

I have the same question about the Indian Entrees and always like to order them as a side dish.

Did you have lunch in the MDR most days? From what I remember on the Brilliance in Europe they had the Onion Tart for lunch. That was a few years ago.

I am disappointed by the Bread Pudding, that sounded so good. What you describe sounds like an English treacle pudding which may not be a bad alternative as long as it is served warm with lots of caramel and they can get me some vanilla ice cream and even some fresh cream :-)

Once again thanks so much.

There were some menu items that were always available:

Shrimp Cocktail

Escargot

Caesar Salad

Linguini Pomodoro

Angus Beef Sliders

Broiled Atlantic Cod

Marinated Grilled Chicken Breast

Aged Manhattan Strip Steak

BBB Creme Brulee

Chocolate Sensation

Cheese Plate

Main Lobster 24.95

Surf and Turf 34.95

Chops Steak 14.95

I wonder what the chocolate sensation is. Sounds interesting.

This is my opinion but I believe that it is a mistake to take the cesear salad off the menu entirely. I understand they are trying a more gormet menu, but the cesear was always a good alternative. Overall I like the new options, but just wish the lamb was a little less.

Smitty

This is my opinion but I believe that it is a mistake to take the cesear salad off the menu entirely. I understand they are trying a more gormet menu, but the cesear was always a good alternative. Overall I like the new options, but just wish the lamb was a little less.

Smitty

As stated previously, Caesar salad is available all the time.

Shrimp Cocktail

Escargot

Caesar Salad

Linguini Pomodoro

Angus Beef Sliders

Broiled Atlantic Cod

BBB Creme Brulee

Chocolate Sensation

Cheese Plate

Main Lobster 24.95

Surf and Turf 34.95

Chops Steak 14.95

My DW took a pasta making class while onboard. The chef said figuring out how many to make of what is going to be a leaning process. For example they made 900 articoke tarts but only 300 were ordered. I like the new menu and the new format it comes in. I took no pics of the menus or the food.

As stated previously, Caesar salad is available all the time.

Shrimp Cocktail

Escargot

Caesar Salad

Linguini Pomodoro

Angus Beef Sliders

Broiled Atlantic Cod

BBB Creme Brulee

Chocolate Sensation

Cheese Plate

Main Lobster 24.95

Surf and Turf 34.95

Chops Steak 14.95

Thanks for the clarification, I missed this post I guess. Just wish they had started a week earlier when I was on the Freedom. Very nice menu overall.

Smitty

I wonder what the chocolate sensation is. Sounds interesting.

I'd like to know about this one, too :D. It looks like they definitely improved the dessert choices overall. On our cruise in March, there were a couple of nights where I didn't want ANYTHING off the dessert menu-- there were definitely not enough chocolate choices. These new choices look promising! --Katie

Shrimp Cocktail

Escargot

Caesar Salad

Linguini Pomodoro

Angus Beef Sliders

Broiled Atlantic Cod

BBB Creme Brulee

Chocolate Sensation

Cheese Plate

Main Lobster 24.95

Surf and Turf 34.95

Chops Steak 14.95

:( They did not put Salmon back on the every night, what a disappointment. In my opinion they put Cod on there previously and kept it because it is cheaper. Princess still has Salmon available every night and to be honest I really have enjoyed their every night options.

Now while I have tried the RCCL warm Melting Cake since the new menu but if it is the same as before honestly there is no comparison to the one on Carnival. To many that warm Choc Melting Cake on Carnival is probably one of their best desserts and I have to admit it is good and always a great stand-by if you don't like something else. Of course this is just my thinking some may like RCCL's better.

Edited by snowbird1

I'd like to know about this one, too :D. It looks like they definitely improved the dessert choices overall. On our cruise in March, there were a couple of nights where I didn't want ANYTHING off the dessert menu-- there were definitely not enough chocolate choices. These new choices look promising! --Katie

Thanks for the link. It works perfectly, and it allows me to answer my own question. The "chocolate sensation" is "espresso sponge, chocolate truffle mouse and almond icing with a chocolate glaze" Sound try-worthy to me :D:D!! --Katie

Thursday SHIITAKE

Creamed Wild Mushrooms

Seafood Salad

Duck and Port Wine Terrine

Roasted Poblano Pepper and Corn Soup

Double Duck Consomme

Roasted Peach Soup

House Salad

Main Courses

Snow Crab Salad

Three Cheese Tortellini

Fisherman's Plate

Braised Beef Duo

Thai Chicken Breast

Soy Meatballs

Grand Marnier Souffle

Ivory Chocolate Mousse

Baked Alaska

Loe Fat Angle Food Cake

Sugar Free Coconut and Lychee Semifreddo

We loved the Indian Vegeterian options, and hope they still offer this!