Romecabs

goldenpheasant

Mark,

We have booked a tour with Romecabs for next month. They seem like a good company. There are some reviews on Trip Advisor by people who have used them. I have emailed Stefano numerous times with questions and he has always answered the same day. I'm looking forward to our day in Rome.

Linda

We have booked our transportation in October from the airport to the ship, then from the port to our hotel in Rome and back to the airport with Stefano. He was very responsive to my e-mails and seems to have the best price I have found. We are considering booking his services for private tours while in Rome as well.

Linda - Would love to hear what you thought of the service etc once you return.

Debbie

djp5780@aol.com

Debbie what ship are you going to be on and what date. We are on the Liberty.

We're on the Liberty as well - 9/30/05. We arrive in Rome that morning around 10:30. We're stay 3 days post in Rome. What about you?

Debbie

We are on the Liberty 10/12 and doing a Post cruise stay in Rome. You will be on the cruise right before us. Too bad I would love to hear how your trip went but we will be gone before you get home.

I also booked Stephano recently for a tour of Rome. I got an incredible deal and he is working with my time schedule and the fact that I am traveling solo. His emails have gotten me extremely excited about my trip now! :D

My tour will be on June 8th and I'll be sure to report back!

We are on the Liberty 10/12 and doing a Post cruise stay in Rome. You will be on the cruise right before us. Too bad I would love to hear how your trip went but we will be gone before you get home.

Stefano will be dropping you off at the pier and picking us up to take us to Rome!

Hi Everyone,

Our cruise is June 25th. We will be in Rome on the 29th. I will be sure to report back regarding my experience with Stefano.

Classynfun1 - it looks like you will be using Romecabs first! I can't wait to hear how everything goes. The tour sounds wonderful, doesn't it? I'm sure you'll have a great time. What ship will you be on?

Linda

We are trying to book tours in Rome up to 2 days prior to cruise. It is cheaper w/4 people. We are just 2 travelers. Any takers for sharing??????? You can e:mail us Btacomom@AOL.com

Thanks-any ideas would be fabulous!! Les and Barbara from New England-with FINALLY no snow OR rain!

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from the June 3 sailing of the Galaxy. We used Romecabs for the transfer from Rome's FCO airport to Civitavecchia on June 3, and the return to the airport, as well as an all-day tour of sites in Rome that we chose, on June 13.

We were very pleased with their service - driver was early and waiting for us at both locations. And, their prices were by far the most reasonable that we could find. Stefano got us into the Colosseum with absolutely no wait in line - it was almost embarassing walking past hundreds of people waiting to get in. In fact, we were made to feel like VIP's the entire day. Romecabs definitely gets my recommendation!

Sam

We just returned from the June 3 sailing of the Galaxy. We used Romecabs for the transfer from Rome's FCO airport to Civitavecchia on June 3, and the return to the airport, as well as an all-day tour of sites in Rome that we chose, on June 13.

We were very pleased with their service - driver was early and waiting for us at both locations. And, their prices were by far the most reasonable that we could find. Stefano got us into the Colosseum with absolutely no wait in line - it was almost embarassing walking past hundreds of people waiting to get in. In fact, we were made to feel like VIP's the entire day. Romecabs definitely gets my recommendation!

Sam

Sam,

I am so happy to hear of your pleasent experience with Rome Cabs. We are booked with Stefano for all of our transfers and also a full day in Rome on our post cruise stay in October. I agree that his prices seem to be by far the best.

Besides the Colosseum, what other sites did you see in your one day with him?

Thanks,

Debbie

Hi Linda & Debbie,

Let me give you an example of the level of service Stefano strives to give you. At the end of our tour of Rome, he took my wife and I to the hotel we had booked several months ago - the Marriott Courtyard Inn near the airport. Stefano helped us unload our luggage and haul it into the hotel, then waited for us to check in. As it turned out, the hotel had overbooked and arranged for us to stay at the airport Hilton at the same rate. Stefano then helped us haul our luggage back to his minivan, drove us over to the Hilton, helped us again with our luggage, and stayed with us to ensure that everything was well before leaving. We were quite impressed. I won't get into the minute details of the entire story, but the other couple we were travelling with had considerable problems checking into the hotel they were staying in, several miles from ours, and Stefano acted as an interpreter and made sure that they were comfortably settled before we left them. Needless to say, we gave Stefano a well-deserved and generous tip for all his help.

On our Rome tour, we decided that since we had recently seen the Vatican, we wanted to more fully explore the Colosseum and Forum. We also revisited the Spanish steps and several of the classy shops around it, and the Trevi Fountain and the best gelato shop in Italy, just across the street to the right - you'll be amazed at the number of flavours. He also took us to various other sites where we could walk around and enjoy the culture of Rome.

Hope you have a great trip,

Sam

Sam,

Thanks for your report on Romecabs. There are so many drivers in Rome, that it was difficult to decide which company to use. I am so glad we chose Stefano for our tour. It sounds like you had a great time!

Linda

Sam,

Thanks for the additional info about Stefano and your day with him, I am really glad we decided to go with him.

Linda,

I know you will be going soon - have a great time. Don't forget to let us know how things went.

Debbie

• 2 weeks later...

Archived