Directions that beds face on S class

Nubia

I know the location of the bed varies from near bath to near balcony.... But does the direction of where the bed faces change at all... In other words do all the beds face towards the foreword of the ship ?

Thanks!

I know the location of the bed varies from near bath to near balcony.... But does the direction of where the bed faces change at all... In other words do all the beds face towards the foreword of the ship ?

Thanks!

Both of My beds faced the ceiling.

Our bed faced aft. We were on the starboard side of the ship. We did a cabin crawl with our roll call group. Most of the cabins had beds facing aft. However, on most of the ships we have sailed the position of the bed alternated every other cabin. I have a friend that will only book a cabin if the bed faces aft so I know this is important to some people.

I believe for most cabins the bed is oriented side to side (Port or starboard). You can tell this by looking at the layout of the cabins. The bed is located across the width of the cabin with the head on the outside portion of the cabin. I happen to have an inside cabin located near the forward elevator.:cool: This is one of the few cabins that is oriented foward to aft, and I'm sure the head of the bed is toward the bow. This, of course applies to the smaller cabins. I'm not sure what happens when you get to the ballroom sized staterooms.:D

As in most hotels, the BRs are on a common wall of the next cabin to allow plumbing routing. This means SRs will have the beds facing opposite directions. It will be set that way until it reaches some storage area or change in the SR lineup.

By the way, I've seen one other thread asking this. Why are you interested? Ship forward/aft movement can't really be sensed and you can't see the sea running by when laying in bed, so if you think you may be pacted by facing toward or aft, it shouldn't matter.

Den

Thanks!

Half the beds face forward and half face aft . Some inside cabins face toward the outside of the ship.

I believe for most cabins the bed is oriented side to side (Port or starboard). You can tell this by looking at the layout of the cabins. The bed is located across the width of the cabin with the head on the outside portion of the cabin. I happen to have an inside cabin located near the forward elevator.:cool: This is one of the few cabins that is oriented foward to aft, and I'm sure the head of the bed is toward the bow. This, of course applies to the smaller cabins. I'm not sure what happens when you get to the ballroom sized staterooms.:D

Not sure I understand your description. Virtually all beds will have one side of the bed towards the hallway, the other side towards the balcony (or opposite wall for an inside). Very few will have the bed cross ways, with the head to starboard and the feet to port, or reversed.

Here is a photo of a standard room on an S-class ship:

accessible_460x256.jpg

Here is a photo of a standard room on an M-class ship:

CEL_CS_Concierge_460x256.jpg

Not sure I understand your description. Virtually all beds will have one side of the bed towards the hallway, the other side towards the balcony (or opposite wall for an inside). Very few will have the bed cross ways, with the head to starboard and the feet to port, or reversed.

Here is a photo of a standard room on an S-class ship:

accessible_460x256.jpg

Here is a photo of a standard room on an M-class ship:

CEL_CS_Concierge_460x256.jpg

The top picture is not actually an S Class ship. The furniture/TV is all wrong. I believe it's of one of the recently Solsticized ships. I have no idea why Celebrity has that picture as listed as S-Class.

The beds alternate directions. The rooms that have the bathroom on the right, have beds that face aft. Bath on the left, beds face forward. At least that's the way it is on the Port side. I think Starboard is the opposite.

The top picture is not actually an S Class ship. The furniture/TV is all wrong.

Now that you point it out, I have to agree that you are correct about the S-class cabin photo. It's the photo used on the website for an accessible veranda, so I jumped the gun thinking it was correct. The fact that there is no storage above the bed should have been a clue that I didn't catch. Sorry for the misleading and confusing photo. Instead, I should have used this photo, which although shown under CC class, is virtually the same configuration.

CEL_EQ_concierge_class_460x256.jpg

I asked the same question a few weeks ago because I am booked in a balcony cabin (C2) on Eclipse.

Here's the best response I received about the S class ships:

Our experience after several Solstice class cruises : On the port side, the beds close to balcony face forward, i.e. feet forward. On the starboard side, feet backward.

For the cabins with the bed close to bath (which alternate with beds close to balcony), exactly opposite.

Hope this helps.

I asked the same question a few weeks ago because I am booked in a balcony cabin (C2) on Eclipse.

Here's the rest response I received about the S class ships:

Our experience after several Solstice class cruises : On the port side, the beds close to balcony face forward, i.e. feet forward. On the starboard side, feet backward.

For the cabins with the bed close to bath (which alternate with beds close to balcony), exactly opposite.

Hope this helps.

This is spot on.

Hope this helps.

This is correct but why does it matter whether your feet face forward or aft? To me it is more important whether the bed is next to the bath or balcony. I prefer the couch next to the bath and bed near the balcony because it is easier to access the closet with that configuration.

Hope this helps.

This was true for our cabin on the Solstice - 9298, bed facing forward, couch close to the balcony.

To those who ask why is this important, my DH spends quite a lot of time on the couch, and if he looks out of the window prefers to be looking forward. He always tries to face forward in the dining room or anywhere where he has a sea view, and starts to feel queasy looking the other way.

Hope this helps.

We just got off the Solstice and were on the Starboard side. Our bed was close to the balcony and faced aft.

For more info there is a good thread (pinned) on S class cabins that can probably answer any specific questions.

Archived