Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Is there going to be a promanade deck that you can walk around the outside of the ship? Not sure if they were going to have that along with the Waterfront?

I believe so, I've attached the link to NCL's original video about the Breakaway. I recall also seeing other media that mentions you can walk around the entire outside of the ship (a true promenade)

Here's the video link:

http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/latest/media-gallery/#videos

~Michele

November 3rd. I was able to book an oceanview with an online TA and received a free upgrade to balcony, some OBC $$$ and deferred deposit. I got a great deal.

Excellent! We thought of booking that sailing but childcare that week became an issue. Love the little extras thrown into the deal!

Excellent! We thought of booking that sailing but childcare that week became an issue. Love the little extras thrown into the deal!

That week actually works out best for us. DD is in high school and her school (as is most of the State of NJ) is closed that Thursday and Friday, so she'll only need to take off 3 days of school.

Last year we went during Thanksgiving week and although it was nice to be away for the holiday, I found that the return to reality and having Christmas right around the corner was just too much and felt very rushed to get decorations up, Christmas shopping, parties, etc.

I was looking into deck 14, but I got scared cause the Cafe is right on top, not sure how loud it will be. Also keep in mind that the cafe people can also view into your balcony(from the looks of it, I could be wrong). Privacy is a complicated thing with aft balconies, I guess it is the price to pay for those amazing views.

2rgcrvs.jpg

Privacy on deck 14 looks fine from this angle. Yes, there may be some noise from above but should be okay. At least I'm hoping so. :cool:

You're right I seems like it should be fine for 14 with the most privacy. I am wondering if the aft balconies will have glass or spaced wood railings. Most likely glass :dunno:

I can't seem to find that other picture that thinking about. I'll look for it some more but I think I deleted it :/

Gambee, thanks for sharing that picture! These aft balconies are reminding me more of Celebrity's Solstice class ships and that may not be a good thing. I recall reading over on their boards that the aft balconies on that class are much smaller with not much overhang so barely any privacy. I hope that is not the case.

Gambee, thanks for sharing that picture! These aft balconies are reminding me more of Celebrity's Solstice class ships and that may not be a good thing. I recall reading over on their boards that the aft balconies on that class are much smaller with not much overhang so barely any privacy. I hope that is not the case.

You know yesterday I was comparing the pictures side by side with the s class ships of x. I agree those x ships have pretty bad aft balconies. But I think that breakaway will have much better ones. Some of them look pretty deep, with a lounge chair there they will be pretty neat. Another better thing for the aft on breakaway is the location of the elevators near the back of the ship.

We will just have to wait and see. I am keeping my aft reservation until my last Payement due date. Hopefully by then we will get more concrete pictures.

Great explanation.

We booked deck 14, only reason is it looks like to be the most private.

If you compare this aft to slanted afts from other cruise lines, like Voyager class ships on Royal Caribbean, lowest deck will have the biggest balcony, equal to a size of a cabin.

http://voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aft_73887688/gallery.html

I did similar research to the AFT Cabins as listed previously. I came to the conclusion that Deck 11, Cabin # 11910 looks to be the best AFT Cabin.

The Balconies between Deck 11 / 12 look to be really close in size, plus using data from other slanted back cruise ships, and then the deck plans of the Breakaway that show cabin 11910 to have a large kick out which adds SQ ft to the cabin that no other AFT cabins have.

I could be wrong, but I guess we really wont know unless we get detailed pics of the inside or someone who is building the ship comes on here to post. Maybe we'll know for sure one or two cruises into the season :)

ok so it feels like I am beating a dead horse, but here it goes. I finally remembered why I settled on deck 12. Granted I am relying on a deck plan that might not be accurate yet.

deck 14 & 13

Screenshot2013-01-24at112726PM_zps9718a7a4.pngScreenshot2013-01-24at112736PM_zpsc026316e.png

Deck 12 & 11

Screenshot2013-01-24at112744PM_zpsb0744fc4.pngScreenshot2013-01-24at112753PM_zpsd5f15630.png

deck 10 & 9

Screenshot2013-01-24at112807PM_zps632d49a0.pngScreenshot2013-01-24at112819PM_zpsb00a2e24.png

From looking at this for a long time lol, I think deck 9 and deck 12 are the largest. then 11, then 10, and last a close call between 13 & 14

Is there going to be a promanade deck that you can walk around the outside of the ship? Not sure if they were going to have that along with the Waterfront?

I believe so, I've attached the link to NCL's original video about the Breakaway. I recall also seeing other media that mentions you can walk around the entire outside of the ship (a true promenade)

Here's the video link:

http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/latest/media-gallery/#videos

~Michele

From the looks of it no, it seems that they made that into the waterfront. For us is a change welcomed, a lot of times that area goes unused because it is isolated from everything else. On the other hand I know there are people that like to go read over there because it is nice and secluded.

Here are some other earlier thoughts posts #155, #156, #157.

Originally Posted by mianmike viewpost.gif

Yes, from an earlier rendering it looks like the Waterfront wraps around the aft. For those of us who don't have an aft balcony we'll be able to get a taste by standing on the Waterfront aft.

Given the Epic's relative lack of promenade deck or areas open to the sea, NCL listened to its customer's concerns over not having a connection to the sea and rectified it with the Waterfront. Kudos NCL.

42622.jpg

Originally Posted by patter44 viewpost.gif

I understand that the Breakaway has the Waterfront on the 8th deck. Does anyone know if there will be outside access to the 7th deck? Deck 7 Fwd and Aft looks open with the lifeboats hanging outward in the middle. Any thoughts? The latest photo really makes it look like an open deck.

Originally Posted by loungerz viewpost.gif

Curious about that too. I can imagine they will create some open deckspace for O'Sheeans too. For example designated for smokers. The deckspace shows up in renders but not in the descriptions or deckplans.

Originally Posted by time2cruise

They have to have open space like the Epic. No other way to load the lifeboats. ;)

Looks like they will have both. The Waterfront for the stroll on deck and Deck 7 for that quiet open air place but it doesn't look like either will circle the entire ship.

So it seems like most of these updates are just going to be what we already know, better than nothing I guess.

Absolutely stay with the updates! Most of us don't already know.

602918_10151495989096414_1869500632_n.jpg

From the looks here the gelato place will double as the NJ bakery.

Who else would look through the window and see those cakes ;).

Gambee, I have to say that your Allure review was one of the best I've ever read. It was like a book you couldn't put down. Look forward to your research posts here and on the Bermuda board.

Gambee, I have to say that your Allure review was one of the best I've ever read. It was like a book you couldn't put down. Look forward to your research posts here and on the Bermuda board.

Blush, thank you :)

Archived