Box lunches?

Mexfolkart

Some ports do not allow food from the ship to be taken ashore especially fruit

I am sure some do it but do check first

Never asked for box lunch we just eat local food where possible ...I know some ports are iffy

I always carry power bars just incase ;)

Never asked for a boxed lunch at all and don't know if they were even available, but when we were on a Middle Eastern cruise last year on the Nautica, I did take along a few morning muffins from the Terrace Cafe to have on our longer excursions as I was very reluctant to eat anything on shore, even when lunches were included as part of our private excursions. I am very sensitive to gastro intestinal problems so was not going to take any chances. And like LHT28, I also brought along some power bars to have for extra snacks. All this worked very well for me.

Has anyone had any experience asking for a box lunch to take when going on a private tour? We will be on Nautica..

Thanks, Sherry

Due to food restrictions being taken into other countries Oceania does not make up box lunches..

Jancruz1

Could also be a health & safety issue

If the food is not kept cold for the trip you could get food poisoning & that is not something any cruise line would want to be liable for

Just a thought

Lyn

Thanks a lot! We have taken a roll and a piece of cheese occasionally, and always carry nuts. Had heard of some ships with box lunches but now know that is not an option for those on our day trips who don't want to eat onshore in India next cruise!

Sherry

When we were in one port and our private tour was filled with no time to eat, we knew before we left home so I brought some of the foil packages of tuna that came with crackers to make a light lunch during our transportation. Nuts, raisins, power bars, peanut butter can be bought single serving to go too. A set of plastic utensils comes in handy.

Last cruise I was on, nothing was allowed off except bottled water. There were signs that stated no coffee was allowed to be taken off. It was an Alaskan cruise with Princess this past July. My only thought was perhaps too many people didn't dispose of their paper coffee cups properly. :confused:

I always follow whatever rules are in place. I figure they are there for a reason (usually some sort of agricultural reason).

Archived