Feedback on Comfort Inn & Suites Long Beach

CanWeGoYet?

I'm trying to find a decent, moderate hotel for my pre-cruise stay in Long Beach. I've noticed Comfort Inn & Suites is not on the recommended list, & wondering why. Bad area? Substandard motel? The reviews on trip advisor are fairly decent, it's ranked #3 of places to stay. I have seen good reviews on T.A. though on places the locals would steer travelers away from.

Thanks in advance for any info!

It's in an OK (not the best) area. You're fine if you rent a car, but I'd be a bit hesitant to walk around the area at night, especially back streets. The hotel itself has numerous, great reviews on Tripadvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32648-d601365-Reviews-Comfort_Inn_Suites_Long_Beach-Long_Beach_California.html

Good that you asked...Long Beach can go from upscale to scary in a few blocks. It's a real quiltwork of neighborhoods. Another resource is Google Maps, and use the street view feature.

Thank you Kenish. We are getting in fairly late, past 7pm & only there 1 evening. I think we'll have dinner at the Hawaiian barbecue place next door & make an early night of it. There won't be any walking around to speak of. I thought Hotel Maya looked great, but I also got the impression from the website that having dinner there would set us back a good $75 for 2 of us, if not more. Just getting off a flight I doubt we'd want to go elsewhere for more dining choices.

I wouldn't wander too far from the Comfort Inn but the area if fairly busy all the time due to its proximity to Long Beach Memorial. For one night, it should be okay.

Yes, dinner at Hotel Maya will run around $50 or more for two--without alcoholic beverages.

As you are flying into Long Beach Airport? How about the Holiday Inn on Lakewood Blvd? Or, the Marriott? Both are very close to the airport and offer in-house dining or have a few cheaper places near by. Both are in a much safer neighborhood too.

I wouldn't wander too far from the Comfort Inn but the area if fairly busy all the time due to its proximity to Long Beach Memorial. For one night, it should be okay.

As you are flying into Long Beach Airport? How about the Holiday Inn on Lakewood Blvd? Or, the Marriott? Both are very close to the airport and offer in-house dining or have a few cheaper places near by. Both are in a much safer neighborhood too.

Yes, we are flying into LGB. I don't really know anything about the hotels there but thank you, I can look into the Holiday Inn or Marriott.

Have you considered just "pricelining" Downtown Long Beach, 3.5 stars?

I could try, I haven't used priceline before - have heard you can get a great priced room but not able to specify # of beds. We need 2 beds & I'm afraid I'd win a room with 1 King size bed.

I could try, I haven't used priceline before - have heard you can get a great priced room but not able to specify # of beds. We need 2 beds & I'm afraid I'd win a room with 1 King size bed.

I'm not very experienced with PL. When I need 2 beds for 2 people on other websites, I enter 3 people. That forces the room to have at least 2 beds.

I'm not very experienced with PL. When I need 2 beds for 2 people on other websites, I enter 3 people. That forces the room to have at least 2 beds.

PL just asks for # of rooms, not number of people. Perhaps Hotwire would be a better choice for a chance to be downtown at a low cost.

Archived