stay in fort lauderdale or miami?

we3k9

there are 8 of us flying into FLL and landing after midnight on friday, cruising out of miami on saturday. we need to book hotel and transportation.

should be book hotel in fort lauderdale /holllywood/ dania beach location and then arrange for transportation to miami on saturday morning.

or

book hotel in miami near port and have a shuttle take us from FLL to Miami after landing at midnight. do hotels with free shuttles run in the wee hours?

hopefully i wont have to pay twice, once from the airport and then again to the ship port. I would like to get either a free pickup at the airport to the hotel, or a free transport to the cruise port from the hotel. i know its impossible to have both. im not interested in renting a car that late at night and driving from FLL to miami.

It's really a matter of preference.

But, since you won't be arriving until sooo late, I'd lean towards finding a hotel near FLL and then heading to the port in the morning with a shuttle sevice for all of you. There are many recs here re airport hotels with shuttle service from the airport. And they will most likely be cheaper than in Miami.

Some hotels have you call when you pick up your bags. That late, I would make sure if you want the shuttle service you know for sure the procedure. However, know that the cab ride to the hotel will probably be only around $15.

Stay near FLL instead of trying to arrange for transportation to Miami after midnight. ;) www.sunny.org will give you info on most area hotels (shuttles, breakfast, etc.)

The next morning you can shuttle to POM with SAS, QLS, or Go Airport Shuttle -- they can also shuttle you back to FLL after your cruise. Good luck! :)

Archived