Honeymoon Cruise Ideas

amcw

I'm looking for ideas for my upcoming honeymoon. It's now 12 months to go until the wedding so we are in a position to start looking seriously at sorting the honeymoon now.

We are both in our late 20s and have cruised NCL three times before (he even proposed on our last cruise on the Jewel!)

Although we were originally thinking of a land vacation, we're still drawn to a cruise so I'm looking for ideas, suggestions, etc. We've cruised the Bahamas & Florida, Mediterranean and the Caribbean in the past. While we would like to go somewhere different, we wouldn't mind duplicating some ports and we will be flying from the UK in the last week of August next year.

Looking forward to hearing some suggestions :)

Thanks.

I'm looking for ideas for my upcoming honeymoon. It's now 12 months to go until the wedding so we are in a position to start looking seriously at sorting the honeymoon now.

We are both in our late 20s and have cruised NCL three times before (he even proposed on our last cruise on the Jewel!)

Although we were originally thinking of a land vacation, we're still drawn to a cruise so I'm looking for ideas, suggestions, etc. We've cruised the Bahamas & Florida, Mediterranean and the Caribbean in the past. While we would like to go somewhere different, we wouldn't mind duplicating some ports and we will be flying from the UK in the last week of August next year.

Looking forward to hearing some suggestions :)

Thanks.

Why not see the beautiful wildness of Alaska! Or go to that other fabulous honeymoon destination Hawaii.

I was going to suggest Alaska as well . Especially since you are looking at an August date.

My wife and I combined 5 nights in Aruba with a 7 day Southern Caribbean out of San Juan Puerto Rico. Still love Aruba and the Southern cruise out of San Juan. If I had to choose one of the two it would be the cruise out of San Juan, but if you've already done Southern Caribbean then my input is done :-)

The airfare for a combined trip makes or breaks it. For us San Juan was the destination and Aruba a stopover, so it worked out well. Also, you can find really cheap timeshares on many islands through various websites (owners sell there weeks - even a year in advance).

Welcome to Cruise Critic :)

Alaska is beautiful but for your honeymoon, I'd say Hawaii. In August, NCL is your only option but the Pride of America's itinerary really can't be beat. Get into Honolulu a couple of days early and explore Oahu, then enjoy the other islands. DH and I did this for our honeymoon (and our first cruise) and it was amazing.

That said, between Alaska, Hawaii, and the Med, you can't go wrong! Congratulations on your upcoming marriage and enjoy wherever you decide to go :)

Thank you for all of the ideas (and thanks spacepotatoes for the well wishes).

I'm looking at the Med to see if there is an itinerary that doesn't duplicate ports. Hawaii is one that I hadn't previously thought about but I'm now looking into it as it sounds wonderful!!

Thanks again :)

Archived