Great Stirrup Cay Cabana

Cruisin5

Just back from GSC. The cabanas now come with refrigerators where our 6 bottles of water were placed. There was also a cabinet that came with 6 towels, so you do not need to bring them from your cabin. I booked ours when the cabanas were first available so they may tell you now in your confirmation what is included but for anyone else who booked early thought this may be useful. We did not get the big blue float because it was too windy out that day so they gave us 2 of the yellow floats.

• 1 month later...
Just back from GSC. The cabanas now come with refrigerators where our 6 bottles of water were placed. There was also a cabinet that came with 6 towels, so you do not need to bring them from your cabin. I booked ours when the cabanas were first available so they may tell you now in your confirmation what is included but for anyone else who booked early thought this may be useful. We did not get the big blue float because it was too windy out that day so they gave us 2 of the yellow floats.

Do you happen to know if there is one cabana that would be better than the others? We have booked one for next year but can we pick the one we want once we get onboard?

I like to be able to hear the music if there is some playing but also like to have a bit or room to swim rather than being sooo close to everyone else.

• 1 month later...

Just got back from Pearl 10/24 cruise. Had a nice relaxing time. Love this boat.

Wanted to warn about a couple things, Great Stirrup Cay is kind of yuk. I think the storms killed off most of the vegetation, all brown, even palms. There are tons of flies (especially around the food), sand fleas and mosquito. You will need lots of bug spray and even with it we had tons of bites.

We rented one of the Cabana's on Stirrup Cay, we had number 1, there are at least 10 - 12. Open to outside, ceiling fan, shower in back, small fridge with 8 bottles of water, 4 lounge chairs, 2 tables and 6 chairs, 4 water floats and 8 towels. They give complementary fruit, chips and salsa. I would recommend requesting #5 or 6, since that is where the servers hang out most and will get the most attention. Nice day, but water was cold and would have rather saved my money and spent the day by the pool or in the spa on the boat. Cabana's are ok, but they are right next to one another and you get to hear your neighbors convo's etc... I attached some of the info you get for the cabana in your room the day before that allows you pre-order items for your day. remember you have to spend the $50 that day, use it or loose it. We order some wine, club soda, and lemon/lime and had spritzers.

Have a great trip.

1630827589_Cabana1.jpg.17314e0982aea1e60e8ce589857fe898.jpg

138440849_Cabana2.jpg.f70515767942a4d0b03a934be33943be.jpg

9344371_Cabana3.jpg.cb60fa9e272aee68727fe2ade4d9c4e4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

We were at GSC on 12/29 and the vegetation and growth is coming back suprisingly quick. We really lucked out and had a calmer day with 82 degrees. We were also in Cabana 1 and the location is nice. I am not really sure how we would have requested a different cabana. I did a bigger write-up on our cruise, but here are the high points:

Cabana – Hits:

Provided good shade and ample seating for 8 people

Fridge for cooling water, salsa and fruit

Has AC power for a small (quiet) boombox or to charge your ipod, etc

Shower out back

Nice, wide hammock

Great views of the beach

Offers GREAT snorkeling from this beach. Stay to the left and snorkel almost to the other beach (to your left looking at the ocean) for amazing fish. If you bring your own gear (and u should) you'll also need a vest or the life guards will stop you. Don't bother snorkeling towards the crowded beach area to the right, it's too busy and no nearly as many fish as staying to the left.

Cabana Misses:

Server was very non-existent. I thought it was our group getting ignored but there were no servers checking in on Cabanas 1-6 that I could see. We needed to ask the “head waiter” in a white uniform to send over a server. Maybe tip up front or something. It was really frustrating. Some people also mentioned that their server got their lunch for them – HA HA! I only wish that was an option for us.

Decent walk to the bathrooms

Not anyone’s fault, but we ended up with a group of 20 college kids who successfully annoyed the 100 or so people using this beach with screaming, drunk dancing and just be annoying. It was a shame since it’s supposed to be a quiet beach area away from noise and they kind of spoiled it.

The food provided was fantastic and a great surprise. NCL knocked it out of the park with the food. Also, there was no construction taking place when we arrived and as of 12/29 the water slide was still out of order.

Curious about which one would be better for my hubby. He has walking issues and we won't be able to bring his scooter off the ship so I'm wondering if they have one closer to the restrooms and food area?

Curious about which one would be better for my hubby. He has walking issues and we won't be able to bring his scooter off the ship so I'm wondering if they have one closer to the restrooms and food area?

Not sure what your question is, which Cabana or ?? would be better?

I do suspect they will transport your hubby in a golf cart for a small tip. There were several golf carts buzzing around.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any pictures or video clips of the cabanas at Great Stirrup Cay? I have a 20 year reunion group going & have already reserved ours. I just want to see something other than the picture in the excursions list. Any other details about the location of the shower. Details in reference to add ons for people who may book late (will the cabana comfortably fit a couple more)? I am aware of the extra cost, so no problem but I don't want people crowded. Details about drink specials for cabanas & the hippo slide. I read a review on NCL's site that some people got burns from the slide because the water pressure was low. That would make the rest of the water activity uncomfortable. Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just called to hold a specific cabana and was told it has to be done on board.....read where there are golf carts for rides... That'll do.....Give the guy 20/30. We won't walk anywhere

Was also told we got the last of two left.......has anyone ever been on this cruise ship? Hows the entertainment? And.... We were thinking of upgrading from aft family balcony to the haven....is it that nice?

Just called to hold a specific cabana and was told it has to be done on board.....read where there are golf carts for rides... That'll do.....Give the guy 20/30. We won't walk anywhere

Was also told we got the last of two left.......has anyone ever been on this cruise ship? Hows the entertainment? And.... We were thinking of upgrading from aft family balcony to the haven....is it that nice?

I would love to know about the golf charts for rides. We would pay for that for my hubby who can't walk alot. It would be better than the island wheelchairs. I'm afraid those might not hold him. Also is the slide back up and is it included in the cabana cost still?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived