If you had to pick just one specialty restaurant

We're sailing on Oasis in Aug. 2013. My husband is a steak freak and has already announced that we are eating in Chops. However, lately it seems that I read more bad reviews of Chops than good. I know Giovanni's gets great reviews, but I'm Italian and grew up on Italian food, so it doesn't hold any great appeal for me. If you had to pick just one specialty restaurant during the cruise, what would it be?

I would eat at the chef's table. That was the best food we have ever eaten on a cruise.

If the cost is too high as it is $95 a person, my second choice would be Chops. We have eaten at Chops at least a dozen times on many different ships and never had a bad meal. Last year we went on a B2B cruise on the Allure and ate at Chops twice. I prefer eating in the outside area as it is not as noisy and the table inside are quite close together.:)

Love chops on every ship we have been on and DH is a steak lover. On Oasis also suggest Samba Grill ( a Brazilian meat eaters delight).

The Oasis has Izumi - Samba Grill is on the Allure.

The free everyday steak is being upgraded from sirloin to NY (last reports I read). So steak is available every night. My fav restaurant is 150 Park. When you board check out the menus and see if either works for you both. Chef's Table is very nice but only makes sense pricewise if you like wine pairings. If neither appeals then book Chops for the red meat - baked potato experience.

oops!!! Got ships confused..old age creeping in.Correction: NO Samba on Oasis, only Allure. As to 150, personal preferance is to choose my own meal and do not like fixed menu there. Your Steak Lover DH would be very happy at Chops. If you go suggest the oyster duet and shrimp cocktail as appetizers ( You can have both), either the onion or mushroom soup,a variety of "go withs" and an entree. Happy eating!!!

We're sailing on Oasis in Aug. 2013. My husband is a steak freak and has already announced that we are eating in Chops. However, lately it seems that I read more bad reviews of Chops than good. I know Giovanni's gets great reviews, but I'm Italian and grew up on Italian food, so it doesn't hold any great appeal for me. If you had to pick just one specialty restaurant during the cruise, what would it be?

After 10X on Oasis and almost exclusively in the specialty's.....I can tell you....it's like most restaurants ....I don't care how good they are, if you frequent them enough you will find some will have an off night here or there.....that being said I wouldn't let a poor review you read sway you from Chops.....service and food are usually excellent.

Went to Giovanni's table twice on my last cruise. Didn't even have a chance to compare with Chops, which I regret not trying...Having said that, my wife and I, both Italian, were blown away by the menu at Giovanni's Table. Freshly sliced prosciutto...nuff said!

I would eat at the chef's table. That was the best food we have ever eaten on a cruise.

I vote for Chef's Table also! Food was great with the wine pairing and the presentations by the chef and the sommelier were impressive!

If your ship has a chef's table that is the best. It is a seven or so coarse dinner pared with wines.

150 Park Central on Oasis, the best restaurant on the high seas for us and we've cruised many lines. Giavanni's is two thumbs down for us. We've dined there 4 times and never again.

Since your DH loves steak, the Oasis class has the best Chops, he won't be disappointed. Try to sit outside.

Archived