Villefranche port

zetnic

I have been reading posts about this port and am very confused as to what to do. I prefer small villages/towns to explore. Can you take the bus directly from Villefranche to Eze? Should we spend time in Nice and is it difficult to get around in. I have also read different bus numbers so if some can help with which bus to get it please help. Thanks, Janice

I have been reading posts about this port and am very confused as to what to do. I prefer small villages/towns to explore. Can you take the bus directly from Villefranche to Eze? Should we spend time in Nice and is it difficult to get around in. I have also read different bus numbers so if some can help with which bus to get it please help. Thanks, Janice

We took a cab directly (for about 30 Euros, although this was 5 years ago) from Villefranche to Eze when we were there. eze.jpg

Eze is a charming place to wander around, and if your budget allows, a drink or a meal at Chateau Eze is a memorable if expensive experience. We didn't go to Nice, so I can't help you with that information. Enjoy your cruise!

A visit to Eze is well worth it, and is a very enjoyable stop. We then took a cab back to Villefranche and had lunch at one of the very lovely harbor cafes... just wonderful.

Here's what we did:

It's about a 5 to 10 minute walk uphill to the bus station, I believe that it's the #100 bus from Villafranche to Nice, we walked thru the market area (very cool, lots of soaps & spices to buy) & then hit the flower mart for a bit, we took the bus to eze, (& I'm sorry, I don't know what bus it was could have been #12, or #112 or maybe #10???) We spent some time wandering thru Eze, (there's a cool little graveyard there btw) & then we hiked down the Nitcheze trail to the village below, from there we took the bus back to Villafranche, it was one of our best days ever!

Nice1.jpg

ezegoat.jpg

eze.jpg

BTW, I have no idea who the random guy is in the last photo!

Do head to EZE but don't rely on public transportation. Bus strikes are all to common in the area.

There will be cabs when you tender in but why not find someone on your Roll Call to join forces with for a more reliable, and probably more enjoyable experience.

The train station is to the right, and up the street from the tender area if you wish to go to either Nice or Monte Carlo. Villefrance is in the middle of the route.

Do note that Monte Carlo residents enjoy their siesta and moderately priced luncheon options are limited. The palace, with its changing of the guards, and church where the royals are interred is another option. The palace is not really walkable from the harbor.

Beyond the train station in Villefrance is a charming village. It's not EZE by any means but if you have the time, wander north from the tender area.

There is plenty to see in Nice but some of the museums and major sites are spread across the city and it's not the easiest city to see on your own.

I still think EZE would be the most enjoyable stop.

Have a great cruise.

Archived