Maximum Table Size for Dining

laurmac

The maximum size is 10 although they can squeeze in another seat or two. But, you don't want more than ten at a table for a couple of reasons: one is that you'll be on top of each other; the other is that waitstaff have about 16-18 people in their section (a combination of different sized tables) so adding more to a table means slower service for everyone in their section. It's not fair to the waitstaff who struggle to keep everyone happy and it's not fair to the other tables in the waitstaff's section.

There are quite a few tables for eight or six, very few for ten. Actually, a 10-top is just a larger piece of plywood on the same base as an 8-top. :)

I think it really depends on the ship and how much work they want to go through setting it up. We were on the Sapphire a few years ago and we were a table of 12 and we had plenty of room. Not sure how they did it but it was great. Our server had our table and two other 4 tops. I think they gave us the best servers on the ship. :) Don't most of us think that by the end of the cruise.

I for one would rather sit at one table if possible rather than have two tables. Now it might depend on where the table was located but our table of 12 was by the window and off to one side so we never had an issue hearing anyone. We never had to yell. We made it fun and rotated seats every night to sit next to someone new. if you wanted two tables that might be a fun option. But I can tell you for certain that we had a wonderful dining experience at the larger table.

Hi There

Have seen a few very large family group tables, some even had own menu,

and a waiter that could speak there own language,

thought it was very nice of Princess to do this

group size would have been around 16 to 18

yours Shogun

I for one would rather sit at one table if possible rather than have two tables. Now it might depend on where the table was located but our table of 12 was by the window and off to one side so we never had an issue hearing anyone. We never had to yell. We made it fun and rotated seats every night to sit next to someone new. if you wanted two tables that might be a fun option. But I can tell you for certain that we had a wonderful dining experience at the larger table.

We were at the table with WaltD, the table size was made special for our group and we had 4 waiters instead of two. It was probably one of our best cruise dining experiences ever, well at least in the top 2!

I will be on the Caribbean Princess, with 8 other guests. Is it possible to get a table for 9? Or does that exceed the max allowed at a table.

Thanks in Advance for your help.

If you would like to sit together you should request a table for 10 and have your bookings all linked together. Your TA can do this for you or you can call Princess if you booked with them directly. A couple of years ago we had a group of 9 and they sat us at a round table for 8. We had no difficulty conversing but we did lack a little elbow room.

I will be on the Caribbean Princess, with 8 other guests. Is it possible to get a table for 9? Or does that exceed the max allowed at a table.

Thanks in Advance for your help.

We had table for 11 on the Sapphire May 2011 in Alaska and table for 10 on the Ruby November 2011 in the Carribean. Both of these were Traditional dining...might have a bit more trouble with a group that large doing Anytime. we had no problems with service or food.

We've done 11 at a table for traditional on Island Princess in the past and it worked out fine. We were by the window and took turns each night rotating around so each of us could have a view and talk to different people during dinner. We've also done 9 tops a couple times on other ships.

If you want a large table because you are traveling in a group, talk to Princess about it. If they can't do it before you board, see the Maitre'D when you board.

they are oval and it hard to talk to each other.

That is the problem for the people sitting at tables around you. You can't hear someone at the other end of the table talking so everyone starts to speak much louder and even shout. And with a few drinks, you get louder. It is not a very enjoyable dinner for the people at the tables close to you.

I think this happens more often on holiday cruises when there are family reunions.

Archived