Monarch question

poppydawg

From my experience there are safes on decks 8 and up. The Tv's have been upgraded to a flat screen (small) in those cabins as well but not interactive. It has been a few years since I stayed below deck 8 and at that time there was no safe and a tiny tube TV.

I am wondering if they upgraded the Monarch to include safes in the rooms and tv upgrades (where you can check your balance, order room service, etc) like they had on Mariner and Freedom.

No interactive tvs anywhere on the Monarch.

Looks like everyone had flat screens. Not sure about safes. Just got off today.

The interactive TV is a shipwide system independant from the TV cable that requires "back end" systems be installed. Its either there for all rooms or its not. It isn't dependant on the TV type, as there is a box they connect to the TV separate from the cable for the interactive part.

As for the type of TV, from what I could tell on my last cruise they are just replacing CRTs with flat screens as they die. Comparing exact same rooms, some had old TVs, some were new.

• 1 month later...
Upgraded to this cabin today. Any details you can offer!?

1. It is midship, RIGHT by the elevator.

2. It is on Deck 6, the "tween" deck, so that it is just a few steps up or a few steps down to most of the "stuff" on the ship.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Monarch%20of%20the%20Seas

1. It is midship, RIGHT by the elevator.

2. It is on Deck 6, the "tween" deck, so that it is just a few steps up or a few steps down to most of the "stuff" on the ship.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Monarch%20of%20the%20Seas

Great; thanks! We have never been upgraded before to such an upper level, so we are excited. We were last upgrade on Carnival way back on our first cruise in 1999. Very excited to have a full picture window!

Upgraded to this cabin today. Any details you can offer!?

Be aware that deck 6 cabins are under the outside walking deck. Although there are signs about no jogging/running early or late, many disregard the poised signs and jog/run anyway. If you are a light sleeper, this could present a problem.

We have been on deck 6. We are early risers so we could hear the "thump thump" of the 7AM runners, but it was not an issue for us.

I hope you enjoy your cruise

M

Be aware that deck 6 cabins are under the outside walking deck. Although there are signs about no jogging/running early or late, many disregard the poised signs and jog/run anyway. If you are a light sleeper, this could present a problem.

We have been on deck 6. We are early risers so we could hear the "thump thump" of the 7AM runners, but it was not an issue for us.

I hope you enjoy your cruise

M

I didn't even realize there was an outside walking deck ..lol

We normally are early to rise (around 7am or so), so this shouldn't be a problem for us either.. thanks for the information, will pass it on to my cabin mate (my Mom) :p

I am wondering if they upgraded the Monarch to include safes in the rooms and tv upgrades (where you can check your balance, order room service, etc) like they had on Mariner and Freedom.

I couldn't help to notice only one post so far that stated the Monarch is being retired/sold so it hasn't really received any upgrades except for what was needed.

Monarch's last dry dock was in May 2011. Some staterooms got TV's and safes, but I don't believe there are many of those below deck 8. As the old TV's die, they are replaced with flat screens, so there may be scattered staterooms with upgraded TV's.

Here's a link to the thread discussing the last dry dock:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1421702

Hi,

I recently cruised aboard the Monarch of the Seas (Sept. 28 - Oct. 1, 2012) in an outside stateroom on Deck 4 (4080). This cabin has a small picture tube television and no safe. My tablemates at dinner had an inside stateroom on Deck 6 that did not have a safe, but they cruised aboard the ship a few weeks earlier in a different inside stateroom on Deck 6 and had a safe.

This was my first cruise in years where my stateroom did not have a safe. On the CocoCay day, I took my wallet and watch to the Guest Relations desk and placed my items in a safe deposit box (like the old days). This worked out fine and was not a big deal.

I really enjoyed the Monarch of the Seas and had a great time.

Chuck

Archived