Silhouette - Places on deck in the shade?

rhinog

Hi

We're off on the Silhouette in a few weeks. I'm expecting the weather to be sunny. We have a few sea days on this cruise and we like to sit on a lounger and read. However I'm very prone to burning. I have very white skin and don't really tan. I'm for want of a better word "Ginger". So I burn and go red then peel. Not an attractive sight :) I'm not bothered about sitting near the pool. So does anyone have any recommendations for places to sit on any deck that is shaded or partly shaded where I can enjoy the warmth but avoid the pain!

Our favorite spot on S Class ships are the loungers under cover next to the pool. There are rows of comfy padded loungers and we always try to get one next to the window. Great place to read, relax, people watch and get bar service too! The loungers in the Solarium are great too, but if the weather's nice we really prefer the outside chairs.

Our favorite spot on S Class ships are the loungers under cover next to the pool. There are rows of comfy padded loungers and we always try to get one next to the window. Great place to read, relax, people watch and get bar service too! The loungers in the Solarium are great too, but if the weather's nice we really prefer the outside chairs.

I agree, and it tends to be less crowded there as well.

I'm the same as you - ginger! We were on the Silhouette last year and I did not burn once. As mentioned, there are plenty of places to get the shade. I liked to sit to the side of the pool on the comfy loungers under the deck, whereas DH likes full sun and we managed fine. Either way, there will be plenty of places for you to get out of the direct sun - enjoy!

Archived