Oasis to airport

colkeena

Do express walk off and you will be in the airport by 7:30. By doing express walk off you will also beat the crowds in the security line. We have booked 10:00AM flights and had no problem arriving on time. There will be plenty of taxi's waiting to take you to the airport.

I've been on the Allure twice and the Oasis once. Two of the times were pretty much the easiest and fastest departuers I've ever had. But, my most recent departure experience on the Oasis was a nightmare. It definitely wasn't typical. And, not even the cruise line's fault. But, delays can happen. So, I would definitely consider getting off the ship as soon as possible if you are taking a flight before noon.

Consider my experience, which I cut and pasted from another thread for convenience:

Our cruise on the Oasis returned to Port Everglades the day prior to yours on 9/8. Our scheduled departure time, according to our luggage tags, was between 8:00 and 8:15 am. As it turned out, half of the customs agents didn't show up for work on Saturday. So, we ultimately didn't get off the ship, get our luggage and clear customs until nearly 11 am. A complete nightmare. Non-U.S. citizens had it even worse, I believe. (Their customs line looked twice as long). The people in front of us at customs had a noon flight. Not sure they made it. So, like yourself, I would still try to go with the earlier luggage tag number and the later flight, as tempting as it may be. You just never know what could happen.

It will probably be fine, new pax are almost always getiting onto the ship by 11. of course anything can happen (traffic accident, customs snafu,) but more than 90 % of time, you will make it. In the end I always use this maxim- missing the flight home is hassle, but missing the flight to the ship is a catastrophe!:eek:;)

Is 11:30 too early to book a flight?What is the fastest way to get to the airport in Fort Lauderdale.

DW and i just got off Allure on 9/2 and had a 1045 flight and made it with plenty of time to spare... We walked off the ship at 7:00 and were at the airport at 715.

Just make sure to do self debarkation and you will be perfectly fine.

Is 11:30 too early to book a flight?What is the fastest way to get to the airport in Fort Lauderdale.

Cab, cheap and plentiful. 11:30 seems to be the breaking point where people say 100% yes this is safe. You could probably make a 10am flight, but things could happen, but 11:30 does seem to be most people's safe point.

DW and i just got off Allure on 9/2 and had a 1045 flight and made it with plenty of time to spare... We walked off the ship at 7:00 and were at the airport at 715.

Just make sure to do self debarkation and you will be perfectly fine.

I was on the same cruise. I was sitting at my gate at 7:10. Obviously had no difficulty making my 9:45 flight.

:)

I just booked a 9:20am and have made such an early flight before no problem....however I would ONLY attempt this off Oasis/Allure....you are absolutly fine with 11:30

Archived