How do you get into your Spanx?

Hockeylovinmom

Scrunch Spanx down, put legs in, unscrunch up (like pantyhose). Pull legs of Spanx down and smooth if necessary. The size chart is just a guideline -- I am on the border of two sizes, but the smaller size fits fine. I think it really depends on how your weight is distributed.

As others have mentioned... much like putting on pantyhose. You scrunch it up and then roll it on up. I do the little wiggle dance putting it on but it's not too bad. Pulling it down and back up for bathroom breaks hasn't been much of an issue either... but I imagine if you bought it smaller than you should have it would be.

Have you ever watched National Geographic where they show the boa constrictor swallowing a warthog? Well, that's what my getting into Spanx looks like. It ain't pretty.

hahaha...love it! I'm glad I'm not the only ones that have problems getting them on.

Mine go up under my bra, once i get them on they still feel like they aren't on evenly so then I tell hubby to grab each side at the top and lift me up...so the spanx stretch out. The first time he looked at me like "are you kidding me?!?". Thank goodness I only use spanx a few times a year.

That said, I do have a off brand...which I've used for several years and seem to me well made, but, maybe I'll get a pair of Spanx brand and see they are easier to get on.

AGREE!!!! :eek: Wish CC had a like button!:)

:D If you find that button, will you share it with me? :D

My DH does not need to see or participate in that scene. :eek:

We're married 43 years and there are still a few no-no's and that is one of them.

If yours have the non-slip stuff at the bottom of the leg openings, roll that part of the legs up before you put them on (so when you're pulling them up the tacky non-slip part is actually on the outside, not pulling on your skin) then when you get the rest of the Spanx adjusted roll the legs back down.

The lady at the Dillards lingerie department told my Mom and me to do this before we tried on our first ones, and it made it so much easier!

To piggyback on this questions... What is everyone's favorite tummy control panty? I need one that works for a size 2. I found an XS in Dr. Rey Shapewear, but I can't tell it helps flatten my stomach at all. Which panty do you all recommend? TIA :)

Oh if I was a dress size 2/xs, I would be running around naked not wearing a Spanx:D

Oh if I was a dress size 2/xs, I would be running around naked not wearing a Spanx:D

Me too, lol. However I could never physically get down to that size.

I have lost a lot of weight (105 pounds), so being in a size 12 still requires some sort of smoothing for me to hold the loose skin in. Now when I was a size 12 the first time around (like when I was in my 20s) it looked awesome with no shaping. :) I would imagine someone shorter than me could be in a size 2 or 4 with the same issues as well.

Archived