Food and Dining

smithtown

I am going on the Summit on April 27, 2013. I am concerned because i have been hearing good things and bad things about the food lately. I have not sailed with Celebrity since 2001 because back then I felt the quality had disapeared, but friends have been telling me the quality is back.

My main concern is i am in Aqua class and dinning in Blue and some people tell me the food is like the main dinning room but better and others are saying it is all health food. What kind of menue does Blue carry?

I am going on the Summit on April 27, 2013. I am concerned because i have been hearing good things and bad things about the food lately. I have not sailed with Celebrity since 2001 because back then I felt the quality had disapeared, but friends have been telling me the quality is back.

My main concern is i am in Aqua class and dinning in Blue and some people tell me the food is like the main dinning room but better and others are saying it is all health food. What kind of menue does Blue carry?

Stick with Blu. I had the same concern the first time we sailed in Aqua class. The menu is terrific...it's not "a lettuce leaf with a scoop of carrots" type of health food...it isn't really health food at all...they use healthier ingredients...a little less cream sauce, fewer potatoes or starches, but everything seems to be better seasoned, better cuts or meat, etc.

I don't think I've ever voluntarily eaten in a health food restaurant in my life...I love (well prepared) food and we love aqua/blu.

Stick with Blu. I had the same concern the first time we sailed in Aqua class. The menu is terrific...it's not "a lettuce leaf with a scoop of carrots" type of health food...it isn't really health food at all...they use healthier ingredients...a little less cream sauce, fewer potatoes or starches, but everything seems to be better seasoned, better cuts or meat, etc.

I don't think I've ever voluntarily eaten in a health food restaurant in my life...I love (well prepared) food and we love aqua/blu.

Agree with the other posters and you also have three everyday items, a steak, chicken dish and fish dish.

I have heard excellent things about Blu and am really looking forward to it on our upcoming cruise. I see they have some "everyday" offers and wondered if they have a vegetarian option every day also? While I'm not a vegetarian (love my steaks and barbecue!) I have found that judicious use of the vegetarian option helps me to not gain weight on the cruise:D

We liked the food in Blu, it is all freshly prepared for the smaller venue, so that right away is an advantage over the main dining room. Biggest difference we noticed was the smaller portion of a starch on your plate --- not eliminated, just smaller. We got plenty of carbs the rest of the day, so it wasn't a problem. Service is generally better in Blu, also. I wouldn't worry about it. If you really aren't happy there, you can speak to the maitre d' and see if he can change you to the main dining room, but I'm betting that doesn't happen.

Archived