You would be like me if...

Blue Lagoon

Dear Mr Bayley,

You would be like me if you sorely miss: clotheslines in the shower stalls, shuffleboard on an outside deck ( no Wii version, please) and decent dance floors that are not in a thruway in the Grand Atrium/Guest Relations area. I love the Celebrity cruising experience but S-class ships do me in.

Please consider the previous thorny points. Can anything be done to de-solsticize or re-solsticize these ships in light of the above?

Regards!

No clothslines? Stay in an old hotel in Europe, no need for an expensive cruise!:eek:

No good dancefloor? Glad I'm not booked!:cool:

My wife loves to dance. I don't. That's why I now only book S-class ships. ;)

Dear Mr Bayley,

decent dance floors that are not in a thruway in the Grand Atrium/Guest Relations area. I love the Celebrity cruising experience but S-class ships do me in.

Oh I wish they would at least book the Party Band in the Sky Lounge more often.

We tried the grand atrium on Solstice last fall and once you get up from your chairs to dance be prepared to "have words" with the people who ignore the drinks and purse in your former seat..... no longer worth the hassle.

Oh I wish they would at least book the Party Band in the Sky Lounge more often.

We tried the grand atrium on Solstice last fall and once you get up from your chairs to dance be prepared to "have words" with the people who ignore the drinks and purse in your former seat..... no longer worth the hassle.

Included nearly the same comment on a critique asked of me by Celebrity after this spring's TA on Solstice. :cool: (the same was true of a Panama Canal cruise on Infinity last year.)

The Sky Lounge could be hopping until well into the AM on most nights, ESPECIALLY when the party band does play there. With bartenders kept busy, by people having fun, and boosting the cruiselines profit margins. :)

UNFORTUNATELY as soon as the party band leaves, (as per the schedule) some (usually VERY "life experience"challenged :p) DJ, starts playing all that "new fangled music." :eek: that the vast majority of Celebrity's clientele consider as "worse than noise."

Several nights I watched the crowd go from 100-200 people down to less than 30 after only TWO of the DJ's selections. :mad: Other nights the crowd would stay as long as the music "fit." Then once again, as soon as the music was changed, the place emptied immediately.

What's wrong with this picture?:confused: Seems like it should be a VERY fast and easy fix.

... UNFORTUNATELY as soon as the party band leaves, (as per the schedule) some (usually VERY "life experience"challenged :p) DJ, starts playing all that "new fangled music." :eek: that the vast majority of Celebrity's clientele consider as "worse than noise."

Several nights I watched the crowd go from 100-200 people down to less than 30 after only TWO of the DJ's selections. :mad: Other nights the crowd would stay as long as the music "fit." Then once again, as soon as the music was changed, the place emptied immediately. ....

I've seen this happen time and again on cruises going back years - before the S class. Could never figure out why they'd let the DJ play music that chases away 90% of the crowd. I'd think the bar waiters, and the F&B people that are responsible for meeting beverage sales goals, would have corrected that years ago.

Included nearly the same comment on a critique asked of me by Celebrity after this spring's TA on Solstice. :cool: (the same was true of a Panama Canal cruise on Infinity last year.)

The Sky Lounge could be hopping until well into the AM on most nights, ESPECIALLY when the party band does play there. With bartenders kept busy, by people having fun, and boosting the cruiselines profit margins. :)

UNFORTUNATELY as soon as the party band leaves, (as per the schedule) some (usually VERY "life experience"challenged :p) DJ, starts playing all that "new fangled music." :eek: that the vast majority of Celebrity's clientele consider as "worse than noise."

Several nights I watched the crowd go from 100-200 people down to less than 30 after only TWO of the DJ's selections. :mad: Other nights the crowd would stay as long as the music "fit." Then once again, as soon as the music was changed, the place emptied immediately.

What's wrong with this picture? Seems like it should be a VERY fast and easy fix.

I've seen this happen time and again on cruises going back years - before the S class. Could never figure out why they'd let the DJ play music that chases away 90% of the crowd. I'd think the bar waiters, and the F&B people that are responsible for meeting beverage sales goals, would have corrected that years ago.

We started cruising in 1998, and noticed this. I can't believe that it still hasn't been addressed in all this time! Think of all the lost revenue - just from DH and me! :p Seriously, this is a question that has puzzled me for years.

Archived