Southern Caribbean Ship and Itinerary Advise Needed

HappyHappy1

You may have enough opinions, but I will say that we have sailed different ships and our second favorite one out of that port is the Jewel. I love St. Kitts, but the Eli Eco tour is arguably one of our favorites. With boys of those ages I would definitely do that tour. ...assuming they are active.

The food depends on what you like. The Jewel has the Solarium that has incredible (and healthy) food. In general, I think their food edges out Carnival if you like more whole food. Hmmm, that doesn't really capture what I mean. I like the food on Carnival, especially the stir fry, but as a whole, I prefer the RCCL food. My experience is that the boys will honestly be happy anywhere where the food is constant which would be either.

Also, if you have time with kids those ages, I would consider staying a couple of days in Puerto Rico using airbnb as a search so that you have a home base. There is the night time bioluminescent kayak and then there's the cave experience.

Sunny AZ is right about putting a parent in each and then switching up.

Cosol is a good choice, we liked him very much.

St. Kitts is one of our favorite islands, but I love Antigua too. If you go to St. Kitts, do a search on Royston and ask him to take you places for teenage boys. He does the best tours and will take you hiking if you'd like. There are incredible places to hike and swim and he knows them all!

As a point of reference, we are active and (had) very active kids that are now active adults. We are distance swimmers, backpackers and hikers, but we LOVE to cruise and this is one of our favorite places to go. We come to the islands about twice a year because of the warm water, color fish ...and the rum punch doesn't hurt either.

Enjoy!

I may be in the minority...but I really did enjoy Grenada. It wasn't a "tourist trap" like Grand Cayman. The people there seemed honest and friendly, and there was a nice beach.

You aren't alone! We very much enjoy Grenada too! That island smells so good! :)

~~~~~

Archived