Traditional dining - and show times??

bazzaw

Recently did 3 cruises with Cunard. Early diners had an early showtime around 6.30 - late diners had a late showtime around 10.45.

BUT - on Pacific Pearl cruise to Tahiti a couple of years ago - early diners went to late show around 8.30 and late diners went to early show around 6.30.

As we now prefer to dine late when on cruiseships (early dining is too early for us if we have had a good lunch! :rolleyes:), the arrangement on Pac Pearl was ideal.

However , I am starting to think that this arrangement was unique to Pac Pearl and rather uncommon.

Has anybody come across this on other ships??

We prefer traditional dining at dinner time for a number of reasons - we can do "anytime " dining at lunch and breakfast. Would not wish to do anytime dining for all meals - that would defeat one of the reasons we like to cruise.

Barry

Barry

I am sure that arrangement was in place on Dawn & Sun Princess's when we last sailed on them this year. We had early sitting dinner (6pm) and went to the 8 pm show. The second sitting diners went to the earlier show. There were other shows later in the evening that the second sitters could go to after their dinner say at about 10pm. and the early sitters also if they were still up.

John

That's the way I've seen it on all cruises I've been on. What makes you think it may be unique to Pearl and uncommon i.e. which cruise lines do it differently, and how?

In the last couple of years, we have been on 2 P&O UK ships and 3 Cunard ships and 1 P&O AUS ship.

Of these only the Pac Pearl, had an "early" show - all the others had shows at around 8.30 and then 10.30. It appears that our next ship Voyager of the Seas also only has late shows.

Barry

The timing of shows has varied on P&O cruises we have been on. The Cruise Director sets the times for the shows. Sometimes there was a pre-dinner show for late dinner people, but on most other nights (even on the same cruise) the shows were 7.45pm and a later one around 9.45pm. I am not sure of the time of later shows because we don't go to them. :)

We have come across the early shows for late diners several times. First time was on HAL.

I think it all depends on whether the dancers want a late night or not..:D:D

But seriouslly , it all over to the Cruise Director to set the times. If there is a big port day coming up the next day everyone may want an early night.

It happens a lot with the Med cruises which are very port intensive.

Archived