Video software that lets you add music?

aggiemom0409

Hi, All! I need to (finally) put a video together from all our Med cruise photos. I did one for our Alaska cruise with Pro Show Gold, which turned out great, but they have changed their program and now are telling me I have to pay (again) for the program. Can anyone recommend a free or low cost program to create a video from photos & music CDs? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Hi, All! I need to (finally) put a video together from all our Med cruise photos. I did one for our Alaska cruise with Pro Show Gold, which turned out great, but they have changed their program and now are telling me I have to pay (again) for the program. Can anyone recommend a free or low cost program to create a video from photos & music CDs? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

The iMovie with my MacBook Pro works super great, but I assume you are not on an Apple product. Getting a "free" program is nice, but your time is of some value, right? Maybe spending a little will get you a better program that works faster, smarter and easier.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 104,522 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

If you have windows use Movie Maker (free with windows).

or

You can buy a copy of a similar program from AVS4YOU . Lifetime registration allows to get all their software free and lifetime upgrades.

LQGraphics.com

Photo To Movie. Excellent slide show assembler. Allows adding music tracks, trimming audio, panning across images and zooming in.

Used it for years and it just keeps getting better.

Dave

Dave, I've just had a brief peek at that program - looks very interesting. In the FAQ's they state that it does not have the facility to burn to DVD and suggest to use "DVD Styler" to do that - have you ever used that program?

Uschi

Thanks so much for all the suggestions. I have my photos and video clips edited on Picassa, so I was hoping to be able to import them from Picassa to something that will enable me to add music. I'm not sure all programs allow for video clips or batch importing, so I'll take a look at these. Thanks, again!

Thanks so much for all the suggestions. I have my photos and video clips edited on Picassa, so I was hoping to be able to import them from Picassa to something that will enable me to add music. I'm not sure all programs allow for video clips or batch importing, so I'll take a look at these. Thanks, again!

You should be able to make video at Picasa too!

LQGraphics.com

Photo To Movie. Excellent slide show assembler. Allows adding music tracks, trimming audio, panning across images and zooming in.

Used it for years and it just keeps getting better.

Dave

Dave, I've downloaded the trial version of the program (they say it is fully functional but will add a watermark to the finished movie - not a problem I thought)

Have been able to add photos, change background colour, add frame around the photo(s), put in title text. Can preview single photo either with single or multiple keyframes.

However, it will not show any photos if I press the preview play button. I can see the timeline moving, showing the background and also frames, but the photos do not show (nor does any title text).

Tried to add audio - program crashes every time.

Tried to 'make a movie' (as an MPEG-4) - program will crash.

Any thoughts/suggestions?? Have emailed lq but no reply so far.

BTW using the windows version on windows XP SP2.

Thanks - Uschi

Archived