How to post pictures ??

IflyWithDi

Though there isn't any other place to buy photobooks that does allow deep linking of the photos. They all disabled that ability at roughly the same time.

I don’t do free, I have never wanted to grant a vendor the use of my content to make money for themselves. So I don’t know what you are referring to with respect to photo books from Smugmug.

I use Zenfolio as the site to host my photos. Yes, I pay. I have no idea how much, I get an auto-renewal notice once a year and just click the button. I can deep-link images, I can order prints, I can buy books, I can sell you prints, etc. So it may be true that all the free sites disabled deep links but there are other options out there. and by the way, I compose and sell photo books via Blurb, don’t need a free service for that. You get what you pay for.

I don’t do free, I have never wanted to grant a vendor the use of my content to make money for themselves. So I don’t know what you are referring to with respect to photo books from Smugmug.
I was responding to Cruizer2 with that comment. Sorry for the confusion. Smugmug is a pay service, but their terms and conditions are exactly the kind of thing you don't want.

I use Zenfolio as the site to host my photos. Yes, I pay. I have no idea how much, I get an auto-renewal notice once a year and just click the button.
The lowest service level with photo sharing is $240 for an annual subscription or $28 per month.

I can deep-link images, I can order prints, I can buy books, I can sell you prints, etc. So it may be true that all the free sites disabled deep links but there are other options out there. and by the way, I compose and sell photo books via Blurb, don’t need a free service for that. You get what you pay for.
Absolutely.

But they don't allow deep linking of the photos.

Smugmug is interesting, but it would be better if it was free. ;)

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

I mentioned Kodak and Apple as photo book sites, not as picture hosting sites.

Everything, including cruises would be better if they were free. SmugMug is a photo hosting site for people who are interested in photography. SmugMug is not looking to host photographs for people who just want a place to store their photographs.

If one is looking for a site to display their photographs so they can sell the photographs, then SmugMug offers this option (at a greater price than I am paying). It also then offers protection against downloading the photograph. I am not trying to sell my photographs, so I do care if someone downloads it. Nonetheless, I only upload photographs that are less than 1.7 megapixels. This limits what one can do with the photograph (I have found at least two of my photographs on a commercial Internet site).

My travel camera take a 16 megapixel photograph and my DSLR takes a 24 megapixel photograph.

I was responding to Cruizer2 with that comment. Sorry for the confusion. Smugmug is a pay service, but their terms and conditions are exactly the kind of thing you don't want.

The lowest service level with photo sharing is $240 for an annual subscription or $28 per month.

Absolutely.

You statement is totally incorrect. I am paying $48 per year and I have unlimited photo storage and unlimited linking on SmugMug.

If you don't want to pay, that is your choice, but having Webshots shutdown completely (Webshots has since started up, but none of the old albums are there) and having Photobucket change it photo hosting price from $36 per year (which is what I was paying - I was not using Photobucket's free service because I was running out of bandwidth) to $400 year, I've had it. Fortunately I was not using either service as a photo hosting site, so I still have access to all my photographs. Others were not so lucky.

So as mentioned above, you get what you pay for.

Uploading photos to Apple to make a photo book is free (you pay for the photo book). So a site for hosting photos for free just so one can make photo books does not reduce the cost of making the photo book.

You statement is totally incorrect.

No it was correct. It just wasn't all in response to you. That $240 per year is for zenfolio. GottaKnowWhen said he didn't know how much his service cost so I looked it up.

If you don't want to pay, that is your choice, ... So as mentioned above, you get what you pay for.
The OP asked:
Can someone explain to me how to post pictures on Cruise Critic?
They weren't looking for a photo archiving and hosting solution. Most of the people to whom I provide an answer here is looking for easy and free.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

Edited by bUU

The little icon of the “mountain” that I have used to post pictures has disappeared. Is there something I can do to make it reappear???

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That happens sometimes. Then it reappears.

I switch to Tapatalk and use that for a bit. Same functionality using the mountain to post pictures.

Usually when I go back to the regular cc app, the little mountain is back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I switch to Tapatalk and use that for a bit. Same functionality using the mountain to post pictures.

Using Photos, Files button TapaTalk

ee6fe2ee76cdafdba5892bc4b1858163.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mountain on Forums

20180523_191335.thumb.jpg.583f63a433d85765f71de8709e2a37ca.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When you want to share, just click on the photo to open it, right-click on the photo and choose "Copy image address". Click on the "Insert Image" icon in the CC reply menu (p590232676.jpg) and paste the image address in the box that pops up.

Here's your photo from the viewing page your link took me to using this method.

FPrZGUi9RYOBq6N-CKb8IQZujRzmfff6hx6PX31T3PYeJxFPc?viewBox=1048%2C1697

Dave