Dive Knife

Monalis

Ok Hubby brought up a good questions while going through our scuba gear for our upcoming cruise. He wants to bring his dive knife, now we know that it will be held by security until our dive when we have to check it out, then check it back in when we get back from our excursion.

The question is just HOW do we get the knife to the ship's security/guest relations? I don't see the port security just letting us through the metal detectors with the knife with the promise we'll check it.

Do we just check it with our dive gear and hope that security will either not find it (highly doubtful) or when they find it, they will hold it and let us know where and when we can pick it up before our dive?

Dear Hubby said they took it from him during the xray scan at the beginning. They did give it to him for the dive and took it back and then we had to go out of the way to claim it at the end of the cruise , he say's it's not really worth the bother.

Dear Hubby said they took it from him during the xray scan at the beginning. They did give it to him for the dive and took it back and then we had to go out of the way to claim it at the end of the cruise , he say's it's not really worth the bother.

Hubs is willing to go through with the bother, he likes to be prepared, maybe though after this he'll think again for our next cruise.

My understanding is that they will hold it for you. You can check it out for your dives.

Have you checked the Snorkel and Scuba board?

Didn't even know there was a dive board, duh :p I'll go check it out.

Easier to leave the knife at home and take a set of heavy emt style shears for line cutting and such.

Yeah he's a paramedic so he has those as well as actual dive shears. I'll talk to him again to see if he really "really" wants to bring it.

Easier to leave the knife at home and take a set of heavy emt style shears for line cutting and such.

What he said...I leave my dive knife home. BTW, I could never figure this out, my dive knife has a smaller blade length than what Carnival allows for pocket knives yet is prohibited by the cruise line.

What he said...I leave my dive knife home. BTW, I could never figure this out, my dive knife has a smaller blade length than what Carnival allows for pocket knives yet is prohibited by the cruise line.

Can you please direct me as to where I can get this info regarding the pocket knives?

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_88#q-544510

Search FAQ's for Restricted Items~

Prohibited Items – will be disposed of prior to boarding

Knives with blades longer than four (4) inches ( Recreational dive knives are allowed but must be held in the custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise.)

Archived