LIVE from the Vision of the Seas Sailing 5 Oct 2012

Cruise Along With Trainman-2 & Judith for 28 Nights!

Royal-Cribbean-Vision-of-the-Seas.jpg

Two 14 Night Back-2-Back Panama Canal Transits

Itinerary-West.gifItinerary-East.gif

We have the same cabin for both legs of the B-2-B which is Cabin 8542 on Deck 8 and it is a a Handicapped Junior Suite so we will rack up some serious cruise points between tomorrow when we board and Nov 2nd when we debark.

I am posting "Live" from the Red Roof Inn in West Palm Beach, FL. Once again they discombobulated our reservation totally so this hotel is now high on our "Never Stay There Again" list. But we will persevere!

Tonight we are meeting one of our cruising friends for dinner and tomorrow we will make the 70 minute drive south to Port Everglades.

We have received several notifications from RCI warning us to not show up at the port until after 1:30 pm. The seating in the terminal is limited and the Vision is returning from Europe and is scheduled for;

- Full US Coast Guard Safety Check

- Full US Customs Check for Passengers and Crew

- Full Homeland Security Check for Who Knows What

There are also rumors of 1/3 to 1/2 of the crew changing.

We have no clue when we will be able to board the ship or when my first post from the ship will be tomorrow.

The Vision is one of RCI's smaller and older ships with a MDR, a Windjammer, and 8 bars and lounges. It does not have any Specialty Restaurants or a Concierge Lounge.

I am so excited that you are finally doing the b2b. I had read some time ago that you were doing this; but, couldn't remember the date. I have already subscribed and can't wait to follow along. I will be on my 2nd Allure cruise during your 2nd leg and will have to catch up when I get back. Thanks so much for doing the live threads; yours is always so informative. Have a great cruise.

BTW can't wait to see new pictures of you since your last cruise. Are you still on the South Beach diet?

I suspect that this thread may set a record for the longest "Live Report" here on the RCI Board.

Several of my past "Live Reports" have gone well over 100,000 views for 7 night cruises.

It is up to you CC'ers to check in often and maybe we can go above one half million views by the time Judith and I debark on Nov 2nd!

I have a great new camera with excellent close up capabilities that I got for my model trains. But guess what? It also works great for Menus and Food, and shoots HD Videos, and shoots excellent regular photos.

I will probably also set a record for internet usage on this cruise.

The Vision does not have WiFi so I will have go to various "Hot Spots" around the ship to post and upload photos.

I always follow your live threads and enjoy them so much. I am excited to 'go along' with you and Judith on yet another virtual cruise. Wishing you both a wonderful trip and I can't wait to board tomorrow!

Edited by Loves_Dogs

We are buying a house on 5 acres in the country about 20 miles south west of our current home in Palm Coast, FL. We close on Nov 9th a week after we get home and after having some work done on it we will be moving in December.

Here are a few photos...

159CR115-01.jpg

159CR115-02.jpg

1483565816.jpg

DSCN6102.jpg

Judith is a Country Girl at heart and is already planning for a big garden and a chicken coop. We might even have some pygmy goats too.

I am planning a large outdoor track for my model trains.

We are going to add a swimming pool and maybe dig a pond in the back yard. If we did a pond, we will soon have our own alligators.

Check out this video of a pygmy goat stampede. It will make you smile!

http://youtu.be/IQ6xGMSOu1E

I am so looking forward to this review. My in-laws did this cruise several years ago and it sounded wonderful. Unfortunately they weren't ones to take pictures. I will certainly help increase your viewing numbers. Have a great cruise.

Subscription already added! This will be great fun to watch.

Trainman, make sure you do some pictures on that outdoor railroad and keep me posted. :)

Here is a photo of one of the engines I built running on a friends track.

MVC-565L.jpg