LIVE from the Vision of the Seas Sailing 5 Oct 2012

We have been on the Vision 8 times, our absolutely favorite ship. We are sailing Jan 4 10 day Caribbean in our very very favorite cabin, 7652, corner aft balcony....have been there many times and can't wait! We are so happy she is back in the states.

Can you check and see if Roscoe is a head waiter or maitre'd on your cruise? He was our waiter on a Hawaii cruise and the last time we sailed on Vision he was a head waiter.

Can't wait for your report!!

Okay, it's officially October 5. I have had this date marked on my calender for 6 months in anticipation of the arrival of the Vision. How long have you and Judith been awaiting today's grand event?

Be thankful you are embarking today and not disembarking. I was on a ship when there was a full Homeland Security process in effect. It was the last Panama Canal sailing before the ship was going transatlantic. Many guests were continuing on to Europe. The interview process before customs took an hour and a half to get through the line. Some people were detained for a second interview. Now I know how my grandparents felt when they landed on Ellis Island.

Here's hoping a smooth sailing and sunny skies to you both.:)

Day 1, Friday, Boarding Day

Good Morning Everyone,

Marine Traffic shows the Vision tied up to the pier in Port Everglades North Port.

Vision-50CT.jpg

I am about to head out for coffee. Judith is still asleep!

I expect today to be frustrating but in the end, we will be on the ship. Sailing has supposedly been delayed until 5:30 pm.

We will probably get "antsy" and head down to the port about 11 am which should put us there around 12:30. We have our walkers (with seats) and some good books so we can entertain ourselves until we are allowed to board.

More later...

First, thanks for taking the time and effort for doing this. It is appreciated by all of us. I will be following along, but have an 8 day cruise coming up in 2 wks., so will have to catch up when I get back. I will probably never get to go on a B2B, let alone going on a Panama Canal cruise, so I'm really anxious for this live report. Have a great cruise and thanks again.

I'd like to give a shout out to Gil and Gail, who will be on this cruise with you. Such nice people we cruised with before. Wishing them a great cruise too.

Bon Voyage.......

Gwen :)

Your new home is beautiful and you both must be so excited to have all of that space. The puppies will be ecstatic.

Have a wonderful journey and send lots of pictures of the two of you in all of your glory. What a fabulous trip. Hope today is smooth sailing along with the rest of this wonderful trip!!!

Day 1, Friday, Boarding Day

>SNIP<

We will probably get "antsy" and head down to the port about 11 am which should put us there around 12:30. We have our walkers (with seats) and some good books so we can entertain ourselves until we are allowed to board.

More later...

Boarding day is one of the best days of the Cruise !

I will be following along daily. . . This will be an exciting preface to my Cruise next month !

Trainman-2, Thanks for posing "LIVE"

Radio

;);)

Thank you for doing this, I am almost as thrilled as you that the cruise is happening, and I hope you have a fabulous time.

DH and I are going on an 11 nighter Jan 14 for our anniversary, and are very interested in all info about Vision.

I hope this post helps you meet your goal. I am going to post in our Roll Call that you are up-and-runnig.

Thanks again !

Hi J & J! Woo hoo! Finally had a minute to check in to your LIVE thread! Looking fwd to following along. This panama canal cruise is on my cruise to-do list! Also a quick shout to Gil & Gail who are sailing with you...we will be cruising with them in a few months. Cant wait to see pics of the ship etc.! Bon Voyage! :D

I suspect that this thread may set a record for the longest "Live Report" here on the RCI Board.

Several of my past "Live Reports" have gone well over 100,000 views for 7 night cruises.

It is up to you CC'ers to check in often and maybe we can go above one half million views by the time Judith and I debark on Nov 2nd!

I have a great new camera with excellent close up capabilities that I got for my model trains. But guess what? It also works great for Menus and Food, and shoots HD Videos, and shoots excellent regular photos.

I will probably also set a record for internet usage on this cruise.

The Vision does not have WiFi so I will have go to various "Hot Spots" around the ship to post and upload photos.

No need for me to download an ebook for the next few weeks, then!

Thanks so much - looking forward to it

:D

Yay, an amazing Trainman live. Sorry we'll miss a week of it while we sail the Allure next week, but not this will be a great pre-cruise prep for us and to stave off PCD - post cruise depression!

Have a wonderful cruise with Judith and say hi to Rev for us (Judi &Paul from the Freedom Nov 13 2011).

Subscribed!

Sent from my Nook Color using Tapatalk 2

We board the Vision today once she passes her three inspections...looking forward to finally meeting you at the Pool Bar at 3:00.

It will be fun for our friends back home to follow our 28-day voyage through your eyes and commentary, Trainman.

I watched the Vision pull in this morning at 4:30....can't believe I was awake.

Subscription already added! This will be great fun to watch. :)

Me TOO!!

Trainman~ Can you take a look to see if they still have Cream of Garlic soup on the menu. Usually on Italian night when they have garlic in everything. It is so GOOD!