Premium Balcony cabin?

Bases5

What is a premium Balcony cabin.

Not Aft and Not Rap around. I understand these.

When I book it says Premium Balcony's. Are there any thing special about these?

They are aft on the port and starboard side but not rap around

We just got off the Glory and had one of those, Cabin 8442..it was AWSOME...huge room, bowling alley type balcony..I would book it again in a heartbeat..it was $200 cheaper than the quote un quote "aft wrap" right behind us which was a much tinier room..well worth it to us..

I think you also get a bathtub with a shower.

Burt

Bathtubs are only in suites not premium balcony.

Probably depends on the class of ship, but on the Conquest class (and the Triumph), these have both larger cabin size and longer balconies.

The cabins are not larger. Still the same standard 185 sq ft.

Because the cabin is sideways it gives it a larger look.

The balcony is 75 sq ft.

The bowling alley balconies are on Spirit class ships. We are booked in one for our Panama Canal cruise.

We have an obstructed but not really obstructed balcony. The balcony is 110 sq ft and the cabin is still the same 185 sq ft.

Best part it is for the same price as a 7A.:D

The cabins are not larger. Still the same standard 185 sq ft.

Because the cabin is sideways it gives it a larger look.

The balcony is 75 sq ft.

Au contraire... the rooms are definitely bigger! You can even see it on the deckplans.

For example, check out 8442 & 8449 on the Conquest class (Glory, Liberty, etc). And on the Triumph, check out 8422 and 8427. Those rooms and balconies are AMAZING...this I know.;)

I had a premium balcony on the Spirit (7301). Both the cabin and balcony are larger than a standard balcony room, and it is decorated like a suite with wood veneers, mirrored walls behind the bed, marble countertops and crown moldings. No tub though, bathroom is identical to a regular balcony room except for the marble countertop.

Definitely a good alternative to a suite if you can get one. The bad thing about these cabins is that due to their limited availability, they sell out fast, and rarely do you see a price drop.

Au contraire... the rooms are definitely bigger! You can even see it on the deckplans.

For example, check out 8442 & 8449 on the Conquest class (Glory, Liberty, etc). And on the Triumph, check out 8422 and 8427. Those rooms and balconies are AMAZING...this I know.;)

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/Conquest/cabin_Descriptions/conquest.htm

Sorry but the cabins are all standard 185 sq ft. They are just laid out different to make it look bigger.

Cabin 8442 9B 185/75 sq ft

Cabin 8449 9B 185/75 sq ft

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/Triumph/cabin_description/triumph.htm

Cabin 8422 9B 185/75 sq ft

Cabin 8427 9B 185/75 sq ft

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/Conquest/cabin_Descriptions/conquest.htm

Sorry but the cabins are all standard 185 sq ft. They are just laid out different to make it look bigger.

Cabin 8442 9B 185/75 sq ft

Cabin 8449 9B 185/75 sq ft

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/Triumph/cabin_description/triumph.htm

Cabin 8422 9B 185/75 sq ft

Cabin 8427 9B 185/75 sq ft

LOL! Have you ever STAYED in one of these rooms?? They ARE bigger rooms. I reported to Carnival the discrepency in the size of the cabins on that website. They acknowledged that, thanked me, and said they would correct it. But it appears they haven't. Did you LOOK at the deck plans?? It's pretty easy to see it. ;)

LOL! Have you ever STAYED in one of these rooms?? They ARE bigger rooms. I reported to Carnival the discrepency in the size of the cabins on that website. They acknowledged that, thanked me, and said they would correct it. But it appears they haven't. Did you LOOK at the deck plans?? It's pretty easy to see it. ;)

Hahaha you are so right. On cruise deck plans they are all 4 listed as Jr Suites w/ same dimensions from goccl but on goccl the stateroom description says large balcony.

One of those best kept secrets.

Just like the pricing on Spirit class bowling alleys on port are lower priced from the large balconies on starboard.:D

Too funny .. lets not say anything else to CCL;)

The 8427 cabin is definitely bigger! I was in 7419 on the triumph and made friends with the family in 8427. Their cabin was HUGE in comparison to mine, though the balcony was the same. The attached image is of the triumph. You can see that the balcony for 7419 and 7416 are twice the size of the balcony on 7415 and 7412 (as well as all the other "standard" balconies).

1297069235_prembalc.JPG.f9bf8aa08eab26accb82421cf61113eb.JPG

We stayed in one of the L-shaped premium balcony cabins last year on Triumph..on Upper deck 6...and we loved it! We are booked in the same one this November. I dont know if the cabin is bigger, but it sure does seem that way. The balcony is definetly bigger...its longer, and has two chairs, a small table, and a lounger. At least that was what was on ours on the Truimph. I looked into a standard cabin, and looked at the balcony, and ours sure seemed bigger. We love this cabin, and will try to get it in the future!!!:)

I just got back from a sailing on the Glory and stayed in 8442...the Cabin was HUGE, way bigger than a standard balcony cabin...and the balcony was a bowling alley...it was awsome..not sure if Glory is a "conquest" class ship, but all I can say is the room was HUGE and you can see that on the deck plans for the Glory.

Archived