Live from the Freedom of the Seas - October 7, 2012

Daghis

What's another live thread among friends, right? :D

Tomorrow morning, I'll be flying down to Orlando International Airport to begin my two week cruise extravaganza. On Sunday, I'll be setting sail on the Freedom of the Seas for a week-long Eastern Caribbean cruise heading to Coco Cay (assuming the weather permits), St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. Then, upon our return, we'll enjoy the day in Cape Canaveral, probably at the Kennedy Space Center, stay overnight in Orlando (compliments of Royal Caribbean), and then on Monday, return to Port Canaveral to board the Monarch of the Seas for a 4-night Bahamas cruise to Coco Cay and Nassau.

I'll keep the two cruises separate, so this thread will just be the first week.

This cruise has been about a year and a half in the making. I'm traveling with a small group of friends from around the country who know each other online and occasionally get together to see each other and have fun. We started talking about doing a cruise in last April. And, believe it or not, our day to set sail is almost here!

I've been really looking forward to this cruise for some time. I wonder whether the anticipation will let me get some sleep tonight. I've got to get up early tomorrow to catch a morning flight to MCO!

Tomorrow's agenda includes dinner at Rusty's Seafood Bar & Grill to watch Saturday's ships head out. That's always a fun way to start the pre-cruise party, watching others starting their own cruise vacation.

If everything continues to work as it has in the past, I'll be keeping up with this live thread on my iPad while onboard. I have the "Camera Connection Kit" that will allow me to upload photos to my online gallery for sharing. I'll note here that I'm not a very avid photographer like others whose reports we've enjoyed so much on here, but what photos I do get, I'll be glad to share.

hi *waves*

We're on the same sailing as you on sunday....soooooo excited!!:D

We flew into Florida yesterday and had a night a magic kingdom tonight. Had to come away early though as it was raining and I was cold.

This weather had better sort it's self out for Sunday, I want sun and lots of it!!! lol x

What's another live thread among friends, right? :D

Tomorrow morning, I'll be flying down to Orlando International Airport to begin my two week cruise extravaganza. On Sunday, I'll be setting sail on the Freedom of the Seas for a week-long Eastern Caribbean cruise heading to Coco Cay (assuming the weather permits), St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. Then, upon our return, we'll enjoy the day in Cape Canaveral, probably at the Kennedy Space Center, stay overnight in Orlando (compliments of Royal Caribbean), and then on Monday, return to Port Canaveral to board the Monarch of the Seas for a 4-night Bahamas cruise to Coco Cay and Nassau.

I'll keep the two cruises separate, so this thread will just be the first week.

This cruise has been about a year and a half in the making. I'm traveling with a small group of friends from around the country who know each other online and occasionally get together to see each other and have fun. We started talking about doing a cruise in last April. And, believe it or not, our day to set sail is almost here!

I've been really looking forward to this cruise for some time. I wonder whether the anticipation will let me get some sleep tonight. I've got to get up early tomorrow to catch a morning flight to MCO!

Tomorrow's agenda includes dinner at Rusty's Seafood Bar & Grill to watch Saturday's ships head out. That's always a fun way to start the pre-cruise party, watching others starting their own cruise vacation.

If everything continues to work as it has in the past, I'll be keeping up with this live thread on my iPad while onboard. I have the "Camera Connection Kit" that will allow me to upload photos to my online gallery for sharing. I'll note here that I'm not a very avid photographer like others whose reports we've enjoyed so much on here, but what photos I do get, I'll be glad to share.

Looking forward to your live reports!:)

A second LIVE thread! Its just keeps getting better and better! Look forward to your Monarch leg as I'm sailing on her soon.

Ditto this! Except we're going on the Freedom. I'm subscribing. Been mining your past reviews for info. Thanks so much.

Good morning! I'm sitting a the Pittsburgh International Airport waiting to board my flight. Getting to the airport in the dark wasn't fun, but I made it here safely, and that's what matters, right?

Weather in Cape Canaveral doesn't look appealing today, so we may be eating inside at Rusty's. We'll see how it turns out when we get there. I just picked up a new umbrella, just in case. :)

Good morning! I'm sitting a the Pittsburgh International Airport waiting to board my flight. Getting to the airport in the dark wasn't fun, but I made it here safely, and that's what matters, right?

Weather in Cape Canaveral doesn't look appealing today, so we may be eating inside at Rusty's. We'll see how it turns out when we get there. I just picked up a new umbrella, just in case. :)

From on Pittsburgher to another, have a wonderful trip. What flight are you on out of PIT?

Hello Marc and friends!

Have a wonderful time! Looking forward to reading your live posts.

I didn't know You were going on Monarch after Freedom! That's great!!! Hope it warms up for you today. It's not any better in PGH and today is Jessica's homecoming.

I will be following along as well! Looking forward to your live report. We loved our Freedom Cruise out of PC, and we're doing the Monarch for the first time in January! This should be fun to hear from a B2B perspective!

Have a wonderful time! :)

Safe journey!!!

Eagerly awaiting your posts.

Being spoiled having two live reports from different itineraries.

Oh by the way:

What is "Y" on the scavenger hunt..........could it be something in the spa???

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

I am really looking forward to your posts (as always). I have a question for Daghis or Bionicman. I have always used my iPad at sea to quickly check for messages and never had any problem until the Enchantment in September. Then I had the same problem that others have related - my usual method of turning off the wifi and then turning off the iPad did not break the connection and minutes continued to accrue. The option to bookmark the logoff screen flew by so quickly that I was not able to click on it. Can one of you tell me what I am doing wrong and how I can fix the issue? Thank you!

I I had the same problem that others have related - my usual method of turning off the wifi and then turning off the iPad did not break the connection and minutes continued to accrue. The option to bookmark the logoff screen flew by so quickly that I was not able to click on it. Can one of you tell me what I am doing wrong and how I can fix the issue? Thank you!

Hi Zoey- What worked for me is I placed my iPad and iPhone in airplane mode. I then also went into settings and turned off "Cellular data" from within "General and then network settings". You can then turn on the the regular "wireless" and connect to the ships wireless. I did this, this past July and I posted throughout my cruise and never accrued cellular data minute or talking minute.

Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse typographical errors.

I am really looking forward to your posts (as always). I have a question for Daghis or Bionicman. I have always used my iPad at sea to quickly check for messages and never had any problem until the Enchantment in September. Then I had the same problem that others have related - my usual method of turning off the wifi and then turning off the iPad did not break the connection and minutes continued to accrue. The option to bookmark the logoff screen flew by so quickly that I was not able to click on it. Can one of you tell me what I am doing wrong and how I can fix the issue? Thank you!

Had the same problem on our 9/23 FOS sailing, our 45 min coupon credits just got wiped out. Guest s were so nice and re entered them for us. I found the only way was to go into settings and manually turn off Wi Fi. The bookmark as you say flew by. I am sure there is an easier way, so will keep an eye for a response also.

For those of you sailing, enjoy, we had a fantastic cruise and just amazing weather that week.

Hi Zoey- What worked for me is I placed my iPad and iPhone in airplane mode. I then also went into settings and turned off "Cellular data" from within "General and then network settings". You can then turn on the the regular "wireless" and connect to the ships wireless. I did this, this past July and I posted throughout my cruise and never accrued cellular data minute or talking minute.

Yes, that is what I do (just forgot to relay the details of what I had turned off). It always worked beautifully, until the Enchantment. Checking messages that I could normally do for $1.95 (2-3 minutes) was $12.00 - twice! I know that I need to actually log off from RCI's wifi, but I spent most of the second $12.00 trying but failing to find that screen.

Archived