Cozumel and Grand Cayman in Jan

twoofthem

Booked last night :) Instead of a ton of xmas gifts for our kids to open we are taking them on a 5 night cruise on the Paradise. We plan to wrap up their transportation tickets to open, maybe a bathing suit etc. We plan to lie lie lie to them! We are going to let them believe we are going to the keys and the morning of the cruise we will drop the big one on them as we drive to the port in Tampa.

Anyone cruised to Cozumel and Grand Cayman in Jan? We were thinking of doing the sting ray excursion and just the beach.

Now the test to keep my mouth shut between now and then. They all want to cruise and will be beside themselves happy Jan 7 :p

Sounds like a great plan. :cool:

We've used Moby Dick twice for snorkel and stingray city tours in GC and have been very happy - great service, cheaper than the ship tours, not crowded, and they will drop you at 7-mile beach on the way back.

In Coz we like to snorkle from the shore at the Money Bar, or just relax at Nachi Cocom (an all-inclusive beach club :D). Good luck! :)

How old are your kids? We had the best day ever with teenage boys at Paradise Beach. Fun inflatables in the water, paddle boards, jet skis, good food and a beautiful pool and the prices were very reasonable. Have a great trip.

Booked last night :) Instead of a ton of xmas gifts for our kids to open we are taking them on a 5 night cruise on the Paradise. We plan to wrap up their transportation tickets to open, maybe a bathing suit etc. We plan to lie lie lie to them! We are going to let them believe we are going to the keys and the morning of the cruise we will drop the big one on them as we drive to the port in Tampa.

Anyone cruised to Cozumel and Grand Cayman in Jan? We were thinking of doing the sting ray excursion and just the beach.

Now the test to keep my mouth shut between now and then. They all want to cruise and will be beside themselves happy Jan 7 :p

We love those ports and we used mobs dicks too and were satisfied ,for cozumel we trying mr Sanchos all inclusive

We leave on our cruise in 2 hours :)

What a great thing to do for your family. Good luck with keeping quiet! Im not sure I could keep the excitement in. Im from Florida and Im taking the same cruise there in December. Im worried the water may be too cold for me so Im booking with Moby Dick for the stingray tour in case I want to back out. No up front money to pay so I will be out nothing if I dont go. Ive heard really good things about them.

I hope you have a fabulous time.

Last time we did the stingray city, we used Native Way. We had our group of 10 on the boat and that was it. Got there before everyone else and left as the large groups were arriving. Best time I have had out there, imho.

Cozumel has some stuff to do, some cheap and easy or some more expensive and time consuming. Either way, you will have a great time.

We started traveling with our kids for Christmas as soon as they gave up Santa Claus. They are in their 20s now and we still do it, although it is much harder with everyone starting to scatter off on their own path.

The stingrays in GC are really cool, and Moby Dick was our tour company too. If you get dropped off on 7 mile beach, it is really easy to grab a cab/van back to the ship, so don't let that worry you. All the van drivers know when the ships are leaving, and drive up and down, picking up passengers and filling their vans up as the go.

We did Nachi Cocom all inclusive day in Cozumel with our kids when the two youngest were non-drinkers. Back then it was really reasonable for what you got. I was just looking at the prices a couple of days ago, and I'm not sure I would pay that price if I had 2 kids with me again. The kids get unlimited sodas or juice, but the price is pretty steep now. On the other hand, the beach is lovely and because they limit the number of people, everyone has a chair and there are no crowds.

Stingray sailing dot com ... Grand Cayman... Small group, amazing sail to the stingrays and then on to a snorkeling site ... Chip the owner was very knowledgable and it was unbelievably reasonable...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've both cruised and done land vacation to Cozumel in January. It's great time of year weather wise. Still very warm, lots of sunshine but humidity is down. The port areas can be very crowded this time of year though as winter months have an influx of ships in the Caribbean and a lot of them visit Cozumel.

I surprised my wife and daughter with a trip to Hawaii a while back. I put a certificate for a free trip that I made on the computer, brochures for the hotel and some Hawaii travel guides in a box and wrapped it up. It was fun watching them open it and figure it out :)

We did the Reef, Rays and Rum Point tour with NativeWay on Grand Cayman and it was great.

In Cozumel we went to Chankanaab National park and had a great day!

Enjoy the surprise!

Depending on the age of the kids we recently (early Feb.) did the Xrails in Cozumel. Dune Buggy over rough terrain (very bumpy and muddy ) but was an awesome time. They take you to a cenote (cave) and you can jump in from the top of the cave or wade in. Once in you can either float around or be adventurous and go into the bat cave part. We jumped from the top and went into the bat cave part (very dark and hold onto a rope for direction)They then take you to other cavelike areas and explained some history. A little pricey but was well worth it in my opinion. We have also done the beaches (Mr. Sanchos, Nachi Cocem, and Paradise Beach)And liked them just as well . Depends what you want to do. Weather has been perfect warm( but not muggy) every time we have been to Cozumel. We usually travel early Jan thru early Feb. And have had no complaints

Depending on the age of the kids we recently (early Feb.) did the Xrails in Cozumel. Dune Buggy over rough terrain (very bumpy and muddy ) but was an awesome time. They take you to a cenote (cave) and you can jump in from the top of the cave or wade in. Once in you can either float around or be adventurous and go into the bat cave part. We jumped from the top and went into the bat cave part (very dark and hold onto a rope for direction)They then take you to other cavelike areas and explained some history. A little pricey but was well worth it in my opinion. We have also done the beaches (Mr. Sanchos, Nachi Cocem, and Paradise Beach)And liked them just as well . Depends what you want to do. Weather has been perfect warm( but not muggy) every time we have been to Cozumel. We usually travel early Jan thru early Feb. And have had no complaints

This sounds like fun! We're going back to Coz on the Imagination in December. I'm going to look into it!

Looks like you'll be boarding the Paradise on the day we'll be getting off the Paradise. We have been to Cozumel and Grand Cayman several times and as you can see from my signature, mostly in January. (Feel free to click on the pic links in my signature for ideas.)

In Cozumel we've done Paradise Beach, Nachi Cocum, Ocean Club and just walked around town. Paradise Beach is great for kids, albeit more crowded. I On our upcoming B2B we'll be in Cozumel twice - we're doing the Cozumel Bar Hop bus tour on one stop (obviously not a kid-friendly excursion) and Mr. Sancho's for the other. I'm thinking Mr. Sancho's is pretty kid friendly as well.

In Cozumel we booked with Captain Marvin's and did the Stingray and Snorkel excursion. I highly recommend them because the boat was not overcrowded like many of the excursion boats that were out on the reef. Not expensive either! On our other journey to Grand Cayman we just hit the beach. Not sure what we are doing on our upcoming visit yet.

Enjoy the cruise - January is a great time to get away to the Caribbean!!!

Archived